• Report: #542085

Complaint Review: Allen and Associates

• Submitted: Fri, December 18, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, December 18, 2009

• Reported By: Just letting you know — Apollo Beach Florida United States of America
Allen and Associates
2601 Maitland Center Parkway Maitland, Florida United States of America

Allen and Associates- Crooks in the Mid-1990's, too! Maitland, Florida

I was just doing a review on some of the reports listed here, when I saw:  Allen and Associates listed.  I could NOT believe that this company is still in existence.

I worked for the company for a few weeks in the mid-1990's.  I had "NO" idea what I was getting into, until I started.  The company would advertise in the Wall Street Journal, catering to out-of-work executives.

On Monday morning, employees would be handed a stack of resumes that had come in over the weekend.  We would review the papers and then contact the jobseeker.

Our conversations were open to a reviewer at all times.  I was so upset about what was going on, that I would copy down the names of the jobseeker and go home and call them "on my dime".

I would warn them "to stop" all contact ASAP w/Allen and Associates.  The "push" at the time was to sell the idea of "hot-Atlanta".  There were NO jobs.

There was a LIST that would be pushed on the jobseeker of companies in an area that "hopefully" they would like to move to for work.  The jobseeker would be paying for a LIST of names...no jobs!

There was a division for preparing resumes on the other part of the work area.

I was listening to men from WA. tell me that they would gladly move to Atlanta or N. Car. if, they could get a job.  These people were desperate enough in the mid-1990's to move their families across the United States...but w/o a guarantee of work.

I tried very distinctively to let the caller know what I was trying to say...."this is a list".  At that time, very few people had easy access to home computers.  Otherwise, as we can today, they would have pulled up the same information on their own w/o paying one dollar to any crooks..like Allen and Associates.

I quit as soon as I could.  I was told that Allen and Associates were due to be raided by the government.  I do not know what department.

Now, a victim can write to the Attorney General Bill McCollum and hopefully get some assistance with a claim.

This is definitely a company that should have been "shut down" fifteen years ago.  Look at (((link redacted))) and find out who owns the company.  That might help those people who have lost money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2009 09:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allen-and-Associates/Maitland-Florida-32751/Allen-and-Associates-Crooks-in-the-Mid-1990s-too-Maitland-Florida-542085. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allen and Associates