Complaint Review: Allerair

• Updated: Wed, March 20, 2013

• Reported By: RLK — Holden Maine
Allerair

Allerair Lied To! Internet

On January 31, 2012 I purchased an allerair 4000 Exec UV and a package of 4 prefilters from allerair.com.

Right after placing the order I found an allerair 5000 (a larger air purifier) at achooallergy.com at a lower price.  I immediately e-mailed allerair letting them know I found that I could purchase a larger air purifier at a lower cost and wanted to cancel my order. ( I still have a copy of this e-mail)

After allerair received my e-mail, I was called and told that my order could not be cancelled and was offered a package of 4 prefilters at no cost to help make up the difference in the cost.  It took me about a year to use the 4 prefilters that I purchased on 1/31/12.  When I contacted the company to request my free prefilters, I was told that I needed to have brought this to their attention within 30 days of the purchase of the air purifier, and if I could not provided written proof I would not be getting the prefilters for free.  I was not told this when I agreed to the verbal agreement via phone on 1/31/12.  The representative sounded nice so I trusted him.

To make a long story short, it was a smooth move on their part, a verbal agreement that they had no intention of honoring.  So, I paid more for the air purifier than I needed to and I ended up buying the prefilters that I expected to receive for free.  A good deal for allerair, a bad deal for me!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2013 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allerair/internet/Allerair-Lied-To-Internet-1036389. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allerair