Complaint Review: Allergy Buyers Club

• Submitted: Sat, December 21, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, December 21, 2013

• Reported By: STUNG BY THE GRINCH THAT STOLE CHRISTMAS FROM MY MOTHER — Palm Beach Gardens Florida
Allergy Buyers Club
486 Totten Pond Road, Waltham MA 02452 , Select State/Province USA

Allergy Buyers Club Boston Green Goods; aka GreenandMore; AKA SleepbuyersClub; AKA Pain-Relief AKA Boston Green Goods FA Another Name for this Company is THE GRINCH THAT STOLE CHRISTMAS FROM MOM WALTHAM MASSACHUSETTS

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: My apologues

December 21, 2013

On December 12th, after much discussion with Allergy Buyers Club phone rep "Vanessa", I placed a $2,200 order for a Ladybug Steamer, (manufactured in Italy) but shipped from  the state of Washington, for my mother who suffers from severe Bronchiectasis, a form of COPD. I had done extensive research on products so on that note I felt confident on my decision and with the nice phone manner I encountered with "Vanessa" before I placed the order, I felt that Vanessa would make sure our gift would arrive AS PROMISED on December 19th because we are leaving town on the 22nd for Christmas. I was also assured that I could trace the shipment online through their web page. The following day, I checked and the words IN PROCESS" was next to our name. After 4 days, I was getting concerned because the IN PROCESS GAVE NO OTHER INFORMATION. After 6 days the "IN PROCESS" CONCERNED ME DEEPLY!

Twice, I called Vanessa's 2 extensions and left messages as well as emailed her to make sure our order was indeed "IN PROCESS". I received no return call or any PERSONAL RESPONSE but their automated response was quick to tell me I could follow it online. On December 20th, I was frustrated with how "QUIET" ALLERGY BUYERS CLUB AKA SEE OTHER COMPANY NAMES IT OPERATES UNDER, so I went up the corporate ladder. Barbara was the next rep who told me she just coincidentally "BEEN ASSIGNED" our account but she told me it apparently had not been shipped. I then requested her supervisor, MaryJo McEldowney who did NOT IDENTIFY HERSELF AS THE COO (CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER) proceeded to tell me that they were very busy and it slipped through the cracks but she could not ship it in time (AS PROMISED) because it would cost the company $400 so apparently I was out of luck. How about next week was her response? I explained that at the very beginning with the order that we would be out of town and their would be no one to accept the order and it would miss the intended purpose as a Christmas gift. Her attitude was blase and apparently HER ATTITUDE REFLECTS THAT this company can afford to loose a customer without any hesitation. I then proceeded to write the CEO. I received no response. Any SURPRISE? I guess marketing on the web is like shooting fish in a barrel until ENOUGH CUSTOMERS POST BAD REVIEWS TO SAY THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR; OFCOURSE, THEY CAN ALWAYS OPERATE UNDER ANOTHER NAME SEE BOSTON GREEN GOODS FAMILY OF BRANDS.

I was told by MaryJo,( after I told her I wanted the money refunded immediately), without any concillatory or contrition, she stated that we would get a refund  but when the email was sent it stated that we should allow at least a week UP TO 30 DAYS for that to be processed so NOW THEY NOT ONLY USE OUR MONEY interest- FREE FOR A MINIUM OF 3 WEEKS and THEY COULD GIVE A GRINCH'S RED BEHIND WHETHER OR NOT WE ARE HAPPY WITH THEIR LACK OF SERVICE. I guess in 'HIND SIGHT' WE ARE LUCKY TO BE RID OF THIS COMPANY BUT I HOPE THE MANUFACTURER TAKES NOTE OF HOW IT WILL EVENTUALLY HURT THEIR BRAND.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2013 09:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allergy-Buyers-Club/Select-StateProvince/Allergy-Buyers-Club-Boston-Green-Goods-aka-GreenandMore-AKA-SleepbuyersClub-AKA-Pain-R-1108828. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allergy Buyers Club

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

My apologues

AUTHOR: Mercia - (USA)

I am the president and founder of AllergyBuyersClub.com. First of all let me apologize for the lack of what has been historically exemplary customer service over the 15 years we have been in business. I ask for your patience, compassion and understanding as I explain.

While my husband was dying of brain cancer over 2.4 years and I was watching the man I loved turn into a vegetable, my CFO "misrepresented" my financials.After these irregularities were discovered, I emptied my entire life savings to prop up the company. A month later In December 2013 the time of your complaint, my own stage 3 B aggressive breast cancer was discovered and my employees were panicking so during 2014 I hired a professional manager to run the company while I battled for my life and am still doing so.  The interim President made things much worse. So recently I sold the company to a much larger company who are in the health and wellness field. They are investing in the company and putting us back on track again, helping us grow and serve our customers once more with the attention and integrity that they deserve. Vanessa is no longer with the company.

Once again my sincerest apologies and having heard it I hope you will forgive us and take down your negative review.