Complaint Review: Alliance Law Center, San Diego, CA

• Updated: Wed, September 02, 2009

• Reported By: Kevin — Encinitas California USA
Alliance Law Center, San Diego, CA
600 B Street San Diego, California United States of America

Alliance Law Center, San Diego, CA Alliance Law Center, Cameron Edwards, Gary Lafleur, James Imperial A complete ripoff and scam. Stole $2800 of my money to help save my home now in foreclosure after 7 months of absolutely no service. Never called me once. San Diego, California

In February I was solicited for this company's mortgage modification service at a time after I had lost my job and was unable to keep my current mortgage paid on a timely basis. They promised to have a modification made typically within 60-90 days and required a $2800 prepaid contract with a guarantee that they would rebate the contract fees in no modifications were made within 180 days.

After all paperwork was submitted, I did not hear back from Alliance Law for over two months despite 30-40 phone calls and email. I was always forwarded to a different person and my modification was always in process.

After 4 months, they requested I resubmit all of my application work (which took hours of research) and wanted a new updated contract. I declined the new contract that, now after 5 months, was once again in process.

After 180 days and no service to date, I requested a refund. A James Imperial said that I could request the refund, but only an unearned amount may be refunded. When I asked how much of the $2800 had been earned to date, he told me the entire amount had been earned and therefore there would be no refund.

I followed up again over the past month and over the past two weeks have made over 20 phone calls. There has been no answer and no returns. Their website is now down and only a webpage remains. I called the CA Bar Association and they are now involved with Alliance Law Center and I was directed to file a complaint with the Bar to request a full refund.

Time will tell whether I get a penny back from this ripoff company, but hopefully they are now closed from scamming anyone else now looking to modify a loan or save their home from foreclosure.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2009 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alliance-Law-Center-San-Diego-CA/San-Diego-California-92101/Alliance-Law-Center-San-Diego-CA-Alliance-Law-Center-Cameron-Edwards-Gary-Lafleur-Jam-489062. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alliance Law Center, San Diego, CA