Complaint Review: Alliance Moving Company

• Updated: Sat, February 02, 2013

• Reported By: GaBlue — Stone Mountain Georgia United States of America
Alliance Moving Company
4611 Greer Circle Stone Mountain, Georgia United States of America

Alliance Moving Company Alliance Apartment Movers broke TV, tore couch and won't pay for repairs Stone Mountain, Georgia

I called this moving company in August 2012 for a local move of about 6 miles round trip. I spoke with Manny who was pleasant and we agreed to the terms.

#1 When the movers arrived, the truck was too small to move all my furniture and the movers were subcontractors - Pick Up and Go Movers. They left big items that I had to move on my own.

#2 The contract was to move my girlfriend as well, so the small truck meant an additional trip to and from the new house, which added time to the move (meaning more money out of my pocket).

#3 Once we got to the house, the movers would not move the furniture off the truck until I paid them. This had not been discussed with Manny so I was taken by surprise and angry as hell as my belongings were being held hostage.

#4 The movers were two nice young men but they were not professionals - a big-screen TV was broken, a couch was torn in several places, furniture was scratched, etc.

I spoke with Manny (when he finally answered the phone) and told him of my displeasure with the move. I also sent an email letting him know of the obvious damages (some were discovered later on). The contract specified that Alliance Movers would pay up to $300 for damages if a claim was made within 90 days.

It is now February 2013 - six months later - and I still have not received any money for damages. I have a lawyer who has been trying to work with Manny but he has lied about sending a check in the mail to close out the claim.

He has also scoffed at the idea of us taking him to court because "he's been sued before and it's not worth the time and money."  We will be going to small claims court in the near future.

This moving company is a rip off. I would advise people not to use them as its Web site is misleading with positive comments that are not representative of my experience.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2013 12:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alliance-Moving-Company/Stone-Mountain-Georgia-30083/Alliance-Moving-Company-Alliance-Apartment-Movers-broke-TV-tore-couch-and-wont-pay-for-r-1007837. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alliance Moving Company