Complaint Review: Alliance One Collection Agency/Vance Liljedahl

• Submitted: Sat, November 22, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, November 22, 2008

• Reported By:Panama City Beach Florida
Alliance One Collection Agency/Vance Liljedahl
1160 Centre Pointe Dr Mendota Heights, Minnesota U.S.A.

Alliance One Collection AgencyAlliance One Collection Agency/Vance Liljedahl Vance called my mom about a debt I owed. He guilted me into paying $400 by phone Mendota Heights Minnesota

Vance Liljedahl contacted my mother, I haven't lived at home in over 20 years. He said he did a search for me, is this legal? I had been in debt management for over 2 years and had not been able to pay for the past couple of months. This economy is killing us all ....I wish I could get a bail out like the mortage companies, etc.... Anyway...... He tells me that they don't recognize the management company I was using any longer that they have taken it over. I was confused but gave him some info then he offered to make an offer to lower the balance. Then told me he needed $795 down then I would need to make monthly payment but I had to give him check #'s to cover 6 months!!!! He also tells me that I should call my family and friends to help me cover my debt after I told him I did not have a credit card to transfer the balance to. I can't believe this guy asked if I had a credit card to do that with considering I'm in debt management! I did end up paying $400 and since it has not cleared my bank yet, I am considering stop payment. I found out yesterday that the practice he used in obtaining the info from me is not legal practice. I hope I'm not too late in getting it stopped.
He called me today and I told him that any further correspondence had to be in writing and not to call my cell phone any longer. He told me I received bad advise.... the advise came from an attorney and I told him that. Somehow I don't think I've heard the last from this company.

Becky
Panama City Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2008 12:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alliance-One-Collection-AgencyVance-Liljedahl/Mendota-Heights-Minnesota-55121/Alliance-One-Collection-AgencyAlliance-One-Collection-AgencyVance-Liljedahl-Vance-called-393980. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alliance One Collection Agency/Vance Liljedahl