Complaint Review: Alliance One Collections

• Submitted: Wed, February 18, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, February 18, 2009

• Reported By:riverside California
Alliance One Collections
4850 E Street Rd Level 300 Trevose, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Alliance One Collections Cursed at me, Threatened me, and called me a little b*st*rd Trevose Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: If you do not handle it correctly - YOUR FAULT IF YOU GET SUED

*Consumer Comment: They don't need your permission to pull your credit on a debt collection matter

I started receiving phone calls from someone at Alliance One in 2007. The guy who called said he was calling to collect a debt. I don't recall how the whole thing started, there was an exchange of words. I asked him what his name was, he said it was none of my business. I asked him what debt he was trying to collect, he called me a smartass. So I called him a dumbshit. He then said he would have me arrested.After that I continued to get calls from him. Sometimes he would call and say "hey ___ how's it going?" As if it were an old friend. It got to the point where I didn't answer my phone. He called when I was at work and early hours on weekends.

I recently checked my credit report, and found that I had an inquiry from Alliance One. I have never given them permission to check my credit status. Not knowing who they were and still don't know what debt they were trying to collect,I decided to search them on the net. I found this site and was shocked that so many people had similar or if not worse expierences with this company. After reading all of the complaints I decided not to contact them to find out why they checked my credit. Instead I will dispute it with Equifax to remove from my credit report.

Kballen
riverside, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2009 12:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alliance-One-Collections/Trevose-Pennsylvania-19053/Alliance-One-Collections-Cursed-at-me-Threatened-me-and-called-me-a-little-bstrd-Trevo-425437. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alliance One Collections

If you do not handle it correctly - YOUR FAULT IF YOU GET SUED

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

Sounds to me like you are not making any attempt to handle this in the CORRECT MANNER.

Yes based on what little info you provided - which you either omitted on purpose or not.

1. STAY OFF THE PHONE. NEVER TRY AND NEGOTIATE WITH A COLLECTOR - THEY LIE AND CANNOT BE TRUSTED.
EVERYTHING IN WRITING - CERTIFIED MAIL RETURN RECEIPT.

2. www.budhibbs.com - read dealing with debt collectors 101 (you have to scroll down to it) and do exactly what it says.

They don't need your permission to pull your credit on a debt collection matter

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

First of all, let me make it very clear that I am not a debt collector, and am not on the side of the debt collector, and do agree they violated the law in their actions/words.
However...

You stated that you never gave them your permission to pull your credit.

I have 2 problems with that statement.

1. You did give permission to the creditor, who has the right to assign that agreement to the collector. So, in fact, you DID give your permission.

2. You need to read up on "permissible purpose" .

Read the FCRA and the FDCPA, as well as your state laws on collections.