Complaint Review: Alliance One Receivables

• Submitted: Thu, April 06, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, April 06, 2006

• Reported By:Bradenton Florida
Alliance One Receivables
7311 Quality Circle Drive Anderson, Indiana U.S.A.

Alliance One Receivables Rude & Offensive Debt Collectors Ripoff Anderson Indiana

I was contacted AT WORK by Alliance One regarding a balance on my Capital One account. I put them on hold and went to a private place where we could speak. I asked the representative how they got my phone number since I NEVER give my work number out for personal matters. The representative said it was in my file but wouldn't explain further. She then told me I could run away as far as New York to get away from my bills and they will find me. I admit I started getting angry-but was a calm as I could be. When I repeatedly asked for her name, she would not give it to me. I then asked to speak to her supervisor, and again, fought me for quite some time before she put him on the phone. His name, I believe, was Mr. Hanson. When I told him about the unprofessional behavior demonstrated by the representative, he did not say anything to me. At one point, I asked if he was still on the line. He did not apologize and started getting sarcastic with me. I explained to him I just had a baby and was back at work and trying to catch up on things. While I was telling him I made a payment a couple months ago and would make another payment as soon as I could, he told me I wouldn't be allowed to make payments anymore and I had to come up with the balance within 24 hours. He then hung up on me. I wonder if Capital One knows how slimy their collection agency is. I would much rather pay money directly to them than Alliance One.

Lauren
Bradenton, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2006 11:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alliance-One-Receivables/Anderson-Indiana-46013/Alliance-One-Receivables-Rude-Offensive-Debt-Collectors-Ripoff-Anderson-Indiana-185254. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alliance One Receivables