Complaint Review: Alliance One

• Submitted: Tue, March 27, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, March 28, 2007

• Reported By:Wylie Texas
Alliance One
717 Constitution Drive Suite 202 Exton, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Alliance One Collection agent is very demeaning and harrassing. He talks to me like I'm an idiot. ripoff Exton Pennsylvania

*Consumer Suggestion: Alliance one are third party collectors and the FDCPA applies.

*Consumer Suggestion: Delinquent card

I have a credit card account that has become delinquent. I am not denying that. I've talked to this collection agency and they demanded I pay everything upfront. The person who calls me is foreign and I'm not able to understand him very well. He has called me repetitively - 15-20 times in a row without leaving any voicemails. He has also called me at 10pm, 7am, whenever he feels like calling.

I've asked him to not call my work phone and he says he can do what he wants since I owe the money. At this point I have no desire to work with this collection agency as they are rude and have been harassing me for well over a month now. I am in the process of contacting a lawyer due tot he harassing phone calls.

Stacy
Wylie, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2007 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alliance-One/Exton-Pennsylvania-19341/Alliance-One-Collection-agent-is-very-demeaning-and-harrassing-He-talks-to-me-like-Im-an-240999. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alliance One

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Alliance one are third party collectors and the FDCPA applies.

AUTHOR: Steve [Not A Lawyer] - (U.S.A.)

Stacy, IMMEDIATELY get a good whistle and blow it in their ear when they call. It will blast that headset right off the ears of that crackhead calling you.

Now, send a CEASE COMMUNICATIONS request by certified mail, return reciept requested. Be sure to put the certified# on the letter itself and keep a copy for your records. Now, when they violate you sue them under FDCPA. DO NOT sign the letter, just print. Specify that there may be no more phone calls made and all communications must be only in writing.

NEVER call, or speak to ANY collector on the phone. NEVER

A first party collector MUST be employed by the creditor to be considered a first party collector and be exempt from the FDCPA requirements. I have fought this battle.

Also keep in mind that each state also has laws that govern collections activities, and no state allows repetitive calls or harrassment.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Delinquent card

AUTHOR: Don - (U.S.A.)

Based on your post, you only said the account was delinquent? Do you know if the account has charged off? IF the account has not charged off, the treatment you have received has not broken the law. The FDCPA does bar such treatment but the FDCPA only applies to 3rd party collectors. If Alliance one is collecting for the credit card company, they are first party collectors. That being said, calling 15-20 times in a row is excessive.