legend

• Submitted: Tue, August 12, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, August 13, 2008

• Reported By:Edmonds Washington
Alliance One
2525 Kimball Dr., Suite 200 Gig Harbor, Washington U.S.A.

Alliance One FDCPA violations, cannot provide written verification of debt Gig Harbor Washington

*Author of original report: Alliance One/Signal Credit

I got a DUI in '02. I was resentenced on 2/13/04. My court order says I do not have to pay for probation services. I was told I had to pay it anyway and to pay Signal Credit (a part of Alliance One). I started paying them in about 5/05. I made 3 payments and never got a statement. So I wrote them a letter and asked "Did you receive any of my payments?" Got no response, so I thought they weren't getting my mail and quit paying. I have 3 different papers with 3 different payment amounts on them. They have charged me 3 times for their $15 one-time fee.

I have spoken to the BBB, D.O.L., Attorney General's office and the FTC and this Alliance One girl, Jaime Nordstrom, has written all of them, except the FTC, these very professional-sounding letters saying it's all my fault. I filed a letter of dispute and keep getting stupid court docket papers from Scott Egans.

On one of them, Alliance One asked the court for a record of my payments. They are so scamming me. There is no verification, because my court order says I don't have to pay for probation services. I called them once and some lady said "send us payments and keep track of them yourself. We aren't going to send you any statements". Another time I called and a teen-ager said "just because you don't see a bill doesn't mean you don't owe the money. It's like your cell phone. You know you owe Sprint money but you don't have a bill". I HAVE TO SEE A BILL OR I DON'T OWE THE MONEY11111

Suzanne
Edmonds, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2008 05:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alliance-One/Gig-Harbor-Washington-98335/Alliance-One-FDCPA-violations-cannot-provide-written-verification-of-debt-Gig-Harbor-Wash-361926. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alliance One

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: J G Shrugged - (U.S.A.)

Something isn't right here. Where you involved in a car accident as part of the DUI? If the court says you don't owe any money where did the collection agency come from?

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Alliance One/Signal Credit

AUTHOR: Suzanne - (U.S.A.)

Signal Credit/Alliance has never sent me a monthly statement, ever, since 2005. I've contacted the BBB, D.O.L., Attorney General's Office and the FTC. Some woman at Alliance One, Jaime Nordstrom, wrote to the BBB, the D.O.L. and the Attorney General and sounded very professional and made it sound like it was all my fault. I've received 3 different sets of payment amounts that I've made. They have charged me 3 times for the $15 one-time fee! I talked to a person on-line that helps with debt collectors, Bud Hibbs, and he told me to write them a letter of dispute. They aren't supposed to contact me until providing me with the information I requested, but they did anyway. At the beginning of the debt collection process they were supposed to inform me that I had a right to file a dispute and they were supposed to let me know that if I did that, they would be unable to attempt to collect the debt until providing me with written verification of the debt. Never got any such thing!
They have never really done any debt collection at all. If I don't pay, they tell the court. My court order says I don't owe this. One attorney said if I never get monthly statements, how do I know they aren't scamming me? They are scamming me and I refuse to pay another cent. I would love to file a class-action suit against these losers. They suck.