Complaint Review: Alliance One

• Submitted: Fri, March 06, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, July 31, 2009

• Reported By:Des Moines Washington
Alliance One
Gig Harbor, Washington U.S.A.

Alliance One - Mr. Eagan Scammers, Thieves, Untruthful, Inconsiderate, & Incompetent Gig Harbor Washington

*Consumer Suggestion: record all calls

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: not dischargable

*Consumer Comment: WHY DID YOU PAY THEM ????

These "debt collectors" (and I use the term loosely) are scam artists. Not only that, but they are IGNORANT. I had cancer a few years back and was unable to pay all of my bills. I declared bankruptcy, and was informed to not make any payments on my accounts until the bky was discharged. So, upon the FIRST contact with Alliance One after my bky, they indicated that they were going to start garnishing my wages. They never delivered paperwork to me indicating such, and in fact, when I called them up, I was told that "Well THIS is your notification" by Mr. Eagan. Mr. Eegan was rude, and essentially said the SAME thing to me... "Well, i guess this should teach you your lesson huh?"
Well, since he was very threatening to me, I began making payments EVERY SINGLE week. Sometimes $200, sometimes $100 and at the very LEAST I gave them $40 a week to show that I was committed to making payments. I made payments for well over 2 months before I FINALLY got paperwork to garnish my wages, which indicates to me that they set me up to be garnished DURING the time I was still making payments. I agree that most of the people that work there havent been there a long time (I heard that they have a huge turnover, pay bad, and are unethical) but the ones who have, stand behind the malicious, rude, and unethical practices of this company. I fully intend to file a complaint with the better business bureau and encourage anyone else with problems with them to do so as well. As far as "Mr. Eagan" - I believe his name was Jim or John....I hope he goes to sleep at night feeling good about being such an evil person and knowing how many people hate him.

Amanda
Des Moines, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2009 12:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alliance-One/Gig-Harbor-Washington/Alliance-One-Mr-Eagan-Scammers-Thieves-Untruthful-Inconsiderate-Incompetent-Gig-H-431474. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alliance One

#1 Consumer Suggestion

record all calls

AUTHOR: Lew - (U.S.A.)

record all calls record all calls record all calls record all calls

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

not dischargable

AUTHOR: Umm...really People, Think Before You Speak - (U.S.A.)

The person who wrote this complaint knew what she was doing by paying this. Where it may have been wrong for the company to go for garnishments (as long as she made all aranged paymets) but the debt was still owed because tickets are government debt it is not taken care of with banko.

WHY DID YOU PAY THEM ????

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

You had the debt discharged in Bankruptcy - that means any attempt to collect the debt is ILLEGAL! yet you paid them anyway?? What kind of stupid is that??

www.budhibbs.com - GET SOME ADVICE ON HOW TO PROCEED AND READ WHAT THEY HAVE POSTED ABOUT THIS BOTTOMFEEDER!