Complaint Review: Alliance One

• Submitted: Wed, February 18, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, June 29, 2009

• Reported By:edmonds Washington
Alliance One
Gig Harbor, Washington U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-456-8838
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

Mary Michaels And Then SomeAlliance One Alliance one has a habit of going back on their word Gig Harbor Washington

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: that is unfair

*Consumer Comment: get off the damn phone

I have been working with alliance one for some time now with their payment plans.Ive defaulted after losing my job and now that I have one, they told me I could go back on but only if I put half down. I was fine with that.I didnt have my debit card on me so I had to call back later. When I did, they told me it is impossible to go back on after defaulting.

After telling her I was told I could with a half down, she said my account was on the desk of their 'attorney' for further action and once it is there, there is no pulling it back.After a couple more minutes, she said she would put me back on the plan after verifying my employment.Unfortunately my boss wasnt able to get to the phone and I told her I would have her call.She said that was fine.

I called later on when I had my employer there to verify and they once again said no.By this time I am verrrrry frustrated and asked for the manager(Mary Michaels).She said the same thing, that it cant be pulled from the attorney and it was now in their hands.She said I would have to pay the total in full.(Wait a minute, didnt she just say it cant be pulled from the attorneys desk?)I told her I talked to 2 people who said I can be put back on with half down. She said no one noted my account so there was no proof and that most of their people were new.(Yea, quite a turn over after so many reports on ripoffreport.com, I'd be embarassed and quit too!)Anyways, she ended up 'accidentally' hanging up on me.

I called back and talked to another rep and got the name of the 'supposed' real manager,John Boquist.They answer the phone saying "all calls are recorded".If that is true, there has to be a call log somewhere.I wonder if they will honor my request if they hear their reps promising false offers?Probably not, but with me luck! And good luck to you all as well....you will need it.(we are with them for one reason or another and are offering to pay, but all they do is treat you like a criminal and telling you 'now did you learn your lesson?' Yea, very professional,ya think?

Lori
edmonds, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2009 12:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alliance-One/Gig-Harbor-Washington/Mary-Michaels-And-Then-SomeAlliance-One-Alliance-one-has-a-habit-of-going-back-on-their-wo-425641. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alliance One

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

that is unfair

AUTHOR: Umm...really People, Think Before You Speak - (U.S.A.)

First of all there is no way the file could have been in the legal status unless someone had already verified your employment so they were lieing to you when they say it is on the "lawyers desk".
Also if a collector hangs up on you they are supposed to call you right back they are not allowed to end a call without saying it first and they have to have a good reason. They have caller ID no reason not to call you back.
Lastly, there are certain courts that will not allow a second PIA plan for payments after a default and the first person who talked to you may not have known that since the general rule is 50% the second time. As far as the phone calla , they don't record all of them only some so don't hold your breath waiting for them to listen to any calls. The suppervisors are lazy and push those things off to one another until it has just been forgotten about.

get off the damn phone

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

ALLIANCE ONE IS A FAILING COLLECTION AGENCY - THEY ARE KNOWN FDCPA VIOLATORS - STOP CALLING THEM DO NOT SPEAK TO THEM IF THEY CALL YOU

THEY ARE LYING TO YOU - OF COURSE THAT IS WHAT THEY DO AND ITS ILLEGAL

FIRST THING - DO THIS IMMEDIATELY
go to www.budhibbs.com and read dealing with Debt Collectors 101 ( you have to scroll down to it) LEARN TO DEAL WITH IT CORRECTLY