Complaint Review: Alliance One

• Submitted: Mon, December 29, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, May 09, 2009

• Reported By:Hazel Green Alabama
Alliance One
1313 N. Atlantic Spokane, Washington U.S.A.

Alliance One Withdrew from my bank account without authorization!!! Spokane Washington

*Consumer Comment: Oh my

*Consumer Comment: re:

*Consumer Comment: When you get the money credited back to your account

*Consumer Comment: That is why you NEVER GIVE YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBERS TO COLLECTION AGENCIES

I had payments set up with this company to withdraw a certain amount from my checking account each month on the 28th. Last month (November) I called the day before Thanksgiving to tell them to take out the money early instead of on that date. I spoke with Troy and he told me it wasn't a problem.

I checked my bank account online on the 10th of December and saw that they did take out the agreed amount ($180) on 12/1 and another $180 on the 9th. I immediately called Alliance One and was transferred to Pete, the supervisor. He told me that I didn't have a payment set up for December so he didn't know why the extra $180 was taken out and that I needed to go to the bank and get a copy of the statement and the fees the extra withdrawl accrued and fax it to him and he will get it to the Financial Care dept to get my reimbursement. I did and faxed it that day. He and I agreed that I am owed $285 for all of this.

Three days later I finally got ahold of him (after leaving multiple messages and being told he was in the office) and he said he was sick and out of the office and that he was waiting to hear from Financial Care and that he would call me and let me know how things were going. I have called back and left messages everyday since but no one will answer the phone or return my calls. I have already put a block on my checking account for this company so they won't be able to take anything else. I will continue to call and hopefully get someone but if it doesn't happen soon I will begin looking for a lawyer. I'm MAD!!!

Jessica
Hazel Green, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2008 09:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alliance-One/Spokane-Washington/Alliance-One-Withdrew-from-my-bank-account-without-authorization-Spokane-Washington-405697. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alliance One

Oh my

AUTHOR: X-collector - (U.S.A.)

The only problem here is that you can't file suite against a company that you owe money too, THEY on the other hand have every right to garnish any and all assets you posses. including a blind bank garnishment... a block on your checking account can't stop the power of the law, if you owe what you owe, and the agency knows you have the money... completely legal for them to cease assets. So how then do you file suite against someone for taking money that isn't even yours?

re:

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

* NEVER, EVER give out your checking account numbers to debt collectors for making electronic debit payments.

Debt collectors love to create a false sense of urgency...If they've waited months/years for your payment, they can three or four days for your payment to arrive by mail. Pay ONLY by USPS money order.

When you get the money credited back to your account

AUTHOR: Steph - (U.S.A.)

When you get the money credited back in to your account . Close it and reopen it with new numbers. Change your phone # and have it unlisted. If they contact you by phone send them a stop conact letter certified.

That is why you NEVER GIVE YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBERS TO COLLECTION AGENCIES

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

They will always empty your account.

It does not matter that you have an "arrangement". With Collection Agencies - that arrangement only lasts about 5 minutes.

And this one is known for violating FDCPA - Federal Law - Yes they violate federal law regularly.

You did not mention anything about the original debt - like how old it was etc

Could be they are are attempting to collect on an old debt that they legally cannot collect on. But since you have made payments to them - you restarted the clock on the statute of limitations

www.budhibbs.com for more information and advice.