Complaint Review: Alliance One

• Updated: Sun, October 26, 2008

• Reported By:Nyack New York
Alliance One
www.allianceone.com Internet U.S.A.

Alliance One Credit report shows Alliance One with a debt I've never seen before or ever got a collection notice about. How do I find out what it is for? Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: An "inquiry" is not a debt.

I use a credit reporting agency for identity protection and they alert me of any new findings. Recently a "negative inquiry" came up with Alliance One as the debtor. I have no outstanding debt for the amount showed and can't for the life of me think who I might owe money to. I had one outstanding doctor bill, which I paid prior to this report and the amount is different.
How can I find out if this is a bogus charge? It knocked my credit score down 70 points! I am furious as I've worked hard and long to improve my credit after destroying years ago in college.

Jmc
Nyack, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2008 07:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alliance-One/internet/Alliance-One-Credit-report-shows-Alliance-One-with-a-debt-Ive-never-seen-before-or-ever-g-384917. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alliance One

#1 Consumer Suggestion

An "inquiry" is not a debt.

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

On a credit report, and "inquiry" means that that company pulled a copy of your credit. It does not mean you have a delinquent account with them. The fact that it is a debt collection agency inquiring makes it a negative inquiry. They would have no reason to pull a report unless an account, probably in a creditors name and not alliance one's name, gave alliance one an account to collect on. If that is the case, you will probably hear from alliance one soon informing you of what they are trying to collect on. You have to admit there is a possibility of there being some unfinished business from when you weren't paying your bills on time. There are places that buy accounts ten or fifteen years old for pennies on the dollar that have already dropped off your credit report and now rear their ugly heads.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC