Complaint Review: Alliance Service Company

• Submitted: Mon, July 23, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, September 11, 2012

• Reported By: Christine — Columbus Ohio United States of America
Alliance Service Company
1875B Rohlwing Road, Rolling Meadows, IL 60008 Internet, Illinois United States of America

Alliance Service Company James Miller conned me into giving him $50 on Ohio State's campus Internet, Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Not What You Think

James Miller walked up to me as I was walking to work on Ohio State University's campus today.  He kept asking me questions (not too personal, but personal enough) and told me that he was a DJ for OSU's radio station on the weekends (not true after looking into it).  He lead me to believe that I was simply casting a vote for him to win a trip, not buying magazines for kids to learn how to read.  Overall, he was really nice and flattering, so I felt bad saying no when he asked me to pony up $50.  I gave him the cash and he was on his way.  Feeling funny about the whole thing, I went to the web address on the receipt he gave me and sure enough, I was scammed.  This is the first time I've ever encountered something like this.  But I guess this kind of thing happens and that dude has $50 more than he had before.  Totally not going to be tricked again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2012 10:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alliance-Service-Company/Internet-Illinois-/Alliance-Service-Company-James-Miller-conned-me-into-giving-him-50-on-Ohio-States-campus-916074. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alliance Service Company

Not What You Think

AUTHOR: PersonalGoal - (United States of America)

The Contest does promote Literacy, and we do send magazines to non-profit organizations. Nothing except for the Tax deductible was incorrect and if you owned your own business it would be a tax write off. Please make sure you do all your research before slandering someone for doing hard work to get a head.  People think what they read on the internet is true nothing on our web site would lead you to assume you were mis lead. He also is not a DJ but Alot of the young adults are majoring in Communications when they receive their $1000.00 cash award.  www.allianceserviceco.com there is also a customer support link you can have any questions answered.