Complaint Review: Allianz Global Assistance

Allianz Global Assistance
2805 North Parham Road Richmond, Virginia United States of America

Allianz Global Assistance Travel Insurance Rip Off Richmond Virginia

*UPDATE Employee: Jackie, Help Team

Purchased travel insurance through Allianz.  Five days before cruise, had an attack of diverticulous.(Wednesday).  Called travel agent and explained I would have to be confined to bed rest for at least

four days and on liquid diet.  Agent did not inform me of any problems.  When I filed the claim took forms to doctor and they filled them out and forwarded for me. When I called to check on the claim, was told that their policy states I had to go to a doctor withing 72 hours of cancelling trip.  I told them my have doctor did not any openings within that time frame and told me to have bed rest.  I could not have driven to a doctor even if I could have gotten an appointment.  Response was "Sorry, cannot help you, that is our policy." I asked how I could have forced my doctor to see me, and did not get a response.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2012 07:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allianz-Global-Assistance/-Richmond-Virginia-23294/Allianz-Global-Assistance-Travel-Insurance-Rip-Off-Richmond-Virginia-961432. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allianz Global Assistance

Jackie, Help Team

AUTHOR: Access America Help Team - (USA)

Hi Elizabeth -

Jackie from the Help Team here.  We're sorry to hear that you had to cancel your trip, and that we were unable to provide you with coverage in your situation.   Further, we apologize that you found the claims process to be extensive; however, we do need the specified documentation in order to properly investigate our customers claims.  By paying only legitimate claims, we are able to keep prices low for all of our customers.

Should you have additional questions on the outcome of your claim, or if youd like to get a better understanding of the policy you purchased, please call our customer service line at 1-800-419-8016. Once again, we apologize that we are unable to provide you with coverage.

Regards,