- Report: #918472
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Allianz Global Assistance
Allianz Global AssistanceP.O. Box 71533, Richmond, Virginia United States of America
Allianz Global Assistance ALLIANZ CUSTOMER SERVICE IS AWFUL Richmond, Virginia
*UPDATE Employee: Allianz Global Assistance Help Team
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I have tried to purchase Allianz's travel insurance one day before departing in UA web after purchasing two air tickets using a foreign currency outside of US. The premium shown was in foreign currency before booking. After submitting the order, I received a message which clearly stated that there was an error in the system and the transaction had not gone through. And, I had not received any confirmation email or mail about this order.
However, few days later, I found that my credit card was charged for a premium based on the price of an air ticket without foreign currency conversion at $128,000 in US DOLLAR that was more than 10 times higher than any of the most expensive first class trans-pacific ticket.
After calling the customer service within 5 days, the person didn't admit the error on the premium and said that all UA tickets should be shown in US dollar in UA web. Nonetheless, I was asked to send an email to file the claim and was told that I should receive a response within 5~7 days. I then sent the original receipt from my UA account which clearly showed the price with a foreign currency, not US dollar. I claimed the policy was invalid with all the errors and requested a full refund. However,
1) I haven't received ANY responses or any receiving notice of my claim for more than 21 days.
2) During this period of time, I have called customer service again and a lady told me that she couldnt help me because my claim was in charge by Kelly. But, she did help to send an email to ask Kelly to contact me within 48 hours. However, I haven't received any responses from Kelly in the next 10 days.
3) Kelly finally responded me back 21 days after submitting the claim and admitted the error on the premium due to the lack of foreign currency conversion on air tickets. However, she denied the cancellation and a full refund because she insisted the policy is valid and the departing date has passed even I cancelled it within 5 days. I then only received a partial refund.
4) Then, I received confirmation and policy letters by mail one week later.
5) I responded to emphasize that her admittance to the error of the original premium without foreign currency conversion of air tickets should prove my explanation of the system error during the transaction and that the order had not gone through. In addition, I had not received any confirmation letters until they received my claims. Most importantly, I never saw a premium with a correct quote for a policy before purchasing. The policy should be invalid without my authorization.
However, two weeks have passed, I haven't received ANY responses from ALLIANZ or Kelly. It is clear that ALLIANZ CUSTOMER SERVICE IS AWEFUL AND UNACCEPTABLE.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2012 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allianz-Global-Assistance/Richmond-Virginia-23286-4684/Allianz-Global-Assistance-ALLIANZ-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-IS-AWFUL-Richmond-Virginia-918472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.