cholesterol

• Reported By: Oregon — anytown Oregon United States of America
Allianz Global Assistance

Allianz Global Assistance Allianz Travel Insurance Worthless Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Help Team

If you're thinking of purchasing travel insurance from this company, DON'T. I purchased trip insurance foolishly believing that they would actually live up to their online claims. Perhaps I am somewhat to blame, as I didn't read all 200 pages of disclaimers.

When I had to extend my trip an extra week because my mother's doctor requested I stay with her while recovering from chemotherapy, Allianz claimed they couldn't get enough information from her doctor to complete the claim.

After many faxes, email, and phone calls to Allianz and the doctor's office, Allianz is still claiming they do not have "sufficient information" to process the claim. I have requested they contact the doctor directly or contact my mother directly to obtain this "information" they say they need, but so far, no one from Allianz has contacted either.

Bottom line: this is a scam. Don't waste your money. Don't be fooled by their promises of a refund for alterations in your travel schedule, unless you're ready for the "runaround" and a lot of frustration...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2012 01:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allianz-Global-Assistance/internet/Allianz-Global-Assistance-Allianz-Travel-Insurance-Worthless-Internet-971410. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allianz Global Assistance

Help Team

AUTHOR: Access America Help Team - (USA)

Hi, Sarah from the Help Team here.  I am sorry for your frustration and would like to assist you with this process but am unable to take your private information through this public forum.

If you would like to complete the claims process, please contact us at 1-866-884-3556 or  email us at customerservice@allianzassistance.com  providing us with your policy and claim number and we will try to resolve this issue quickly.