Complaint Review: Allianz Travel Insurance Company

• Updated: Mon, July 09, 2012

• Reported By: KB — Georgia United States of America
Allianz Travel Insurance Company
P.O. Box 72031 Richmond, VA 23255-2031, Virginia United States of America

Allianz Travel Insurance Company Very inconsiderate company Richmond, VA 23255-2031, Virginia

*UPDATE Employee: Jackie, Help Team

I recently booked an airline flight to go and see my daughter in Colorado. On the day of the flight, I had a severe hopitalization panic attack and was unable to go through with our flight plans. When I purchased the insurance, I was aware of the things they do not cover, however I felt sure that since I had such a severe panic attack they would cover it.

I was very sick that morning and my husband had to take me to the doctor and stay with me. My son who is 11 was unable to go on the flight also due to myself and my husband being at the hospital.

I contacted them and filled out my claim form and even had my doctor fill out the form that stated they recommended that I cancel. The company did not tell me that I had to fill out a separate claim form for my spouse and child to try to have their flight refunded. They also stated that they could not refund my husband or sons flight money due to my illness being mental. Really???? They expected my husband to go through with the flight with me in such a bad condition. Any normal husband would never leave their wifes side at a hospital. Do they really think that I could have put my son on a plane without myself or my husband? The insurance is really not worth buying. They should at least refund my husband and sons. They should not be punished for my type of illness.
It really doesn't make sense. They should know husbands and wifes can't leave each other sick or their children on a plane all alone.
Don't waste your money or time!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2012 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allianz-Travel-Insurance-Company/Richmond-VA-23255-2031-Virginia-23255-2031/Allianz-Travel-Insurance-Company-Very-inconsiderate-company-Richmond-VA-23255-2031-Virg-908124. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allianz Travel Insurance Company

Jackie, Help Team

AUTHOR: Access America Help Team - (USA)

Hello

Jackie from the Help Team here.  Were sorry to hear that you were unable to take your trip, and that we were unable to provide you and your family with coverage in your situation.  Should you wish to further discuss the outcome of your claim, please call our customer service center at 1-800-419-8016.

Regards,