Complaint Review: Allianz Travel Insurance

• Updated: Sun, June 03, 2012

• Reported By: loves to fish — Payette Idaho United States of America
Allianz Travel Insurance
P.O. Box 71533 Richmond, Virginia United States of America

Allianz Travel Insurance Access America Does not make readily available insurance documentation. Richmond, Virginia

*Consumer Suggestion: To Help Team

*Author of original report: Investagation??

*UPDATE Employee: Jackie, Help Team

On May 02, 2012 I purchased a round trip ticket for June 13, 2012 thru airline Alaskan Airlines. On the Alaska Airline website I also purchased "travel Insurance with Allianz Travel Insurance FORMERLY KNOWN as Access America. I checked out the company on RIPOFF.com and they had no complaints. Today I am unable to travel due to injuring my back. I contacted Allianz Travel Insurance and it seems that I have 72 hours to see a Dr. Its Friday night. $600.00 for a weekend visit to ER for a $305.20 refund? She was not going to budge. 72 hours! Pretty much everything she stated had to be a major catastrophic disaster for them to accept a claim. Customer service stated that their website shows the conditions of the policy however I have not found anything. I did do some research and found out Allianz Travel Insurance is in fact Access America and there is a good reason they have changed their name. They are still up to their old scam.

BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2012 03:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allianz-Travel-Insurance/Richmond-Virginia-23286-4684/Allianz-Travel-Insurance-Access-America-Does-not-make-readily-available-insurance-document-888361. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allianz Travel Insurance

#1 Consumer Suggestion

To Help Team

AUTHOR: AK12 - ()

Jackie,

Please state why there is a 72 hour window only. This seems artificially restrictive.

Also, can you please point to us where these requirements were written?

Thanks,

AK

Investagation??

AUTHOR: loves to fish - (United States of America)

I must say again. Alianz "Formerly Access America" is up to their old tricks. I am now "Under Investigation???" To see if I am lying? None of this information was ever produced to me PRIOR to purchasing any insurance with them. If I had known that I would need to spend a couple hundred dollars to see a Doctor to help Alianz Travel Insurance "Investigate" me so they can pay my claim, I would have NEVER done business with them!!! EVER!!!

There are several reputable companies out there that are very easy to deal with and typically you are not "Under Investigation" because of a back injury and unable to fly. With most of those companies you don't need documented proof to cancel your trip. Look into them before selecting Alianz Travel Insurance! There is a very good reason Alianz Travel Insurance had to change there name from Access America. Look on RipOff.com. That will tell all!!!

Investigation huh!

Jackie, Help Team

AUTHOR: Access America Help Team - (USA)

Hello,

Jackie from the Help Team here.  Were sorry to hear that you injured yourself and are now unable to travel.   Further, we apologize if you feel that the claims process is extensive, but  we do need the specified documentation in order to properly investigate your claim.  By paying only legitimate claims, we are able to keep prices low for you and our other customers.

If you have further questions about the policy you purchased, please call our customer service line at  1-800-284-8300.

Regards,