Complaint Review: Allianz Travel Insurance

• Updated: Sat, April 27, 2013

• Reported By: David G — Natick Massachusetts
Allianz Travel Insurance
9950 Maryland Drive, Richmond VA 23233 Internet United States of America

Allianz Travel Insurance Allianz refuses to pay its travel insurance claims , Internet

*Author of original report: rebuttal to a rebuttal

*UPDATE Employee: Help Team

In December of 2012 I made two reservations for flights between Boston and Mexico City and purchased Alliance Travel Insurance to protect against cancellations due to medical problems. My wife and I had to cancel the reservations due to the hospitalization of her 93-year-old mother. After four months of agonized dealings with Allianz including complicated requests and trips to doctors and a hospital, the company rejected our claim for unsubstantiated reasons. Why would anyone deal with this unscrupulous company when it has no intention of honoring claims?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2013 09:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allianz-Travel-Insurance/internet/Allianz-Travel-Insurance-Allianz-refuses-to-pay-its-travel-insurance-claims-Internet-1046648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allianz Travel Insurance

rebuttal to a rebuttal

AUTHOR: David G - ()

Dear Sarah of Allianz:

Your communication is a perfect example of what I believe is Allianz' strategy: nickel and dime customers with suggestions to call and research a claim into infinity. Allianz has already run me ragged sending me to obran statements from doctors and a hospital. This has meant trips to doctors' offices and to a hospital to establish that our 93-year-old mother-in law had a myriad of new medical problems that necessitated her hospitalization.

This nonsense has been going on for five months now; the money involved isn't huge ($300) but the principal is important -- no one likes being tricked and cheated and then having their nose rubbed in it.

The Internet is full of complains against Allianz. I just read I had read about them before wasing my money and time. Ripoff Report is performing a great service for consumers. Now I'll check BEFORE I make important purchases.

Help Team

AUTHOR: Sarah - ()

Dear David G,

My name is Sarah, and I’m from the Allianz Global Assistance Help Team. I am very sorry to hear about your frustration with the policy you purchased and your claims experience. Since, I am unable to take your personal information here to know the exact details of your case, I would like to direct you to our HelpTeam email address: Help.Team@allianzassistance.com to get a better understanding of the policy you purchased.

Once again, please contact us directly if you would like to discuss your situation.

Regards,