Complaint Review: Allianz insurance

• Submitted: Tue, March 05, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, March 06, 2013

• Reported By: Darwin — Saskatoon Saskatchewan Canada
Allianz insurance

Allianz insurance trip cancellation insurance scam Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Please contact us

I booked a package trip on the web, through Expedia, which included airfare/car/hotel.At the same time, I purchased trip cancellation insurance on the same site.

I prepaid the full amount on a credit card. A full day before the begining of the trip, I was forced to cancel the trip for circumstances beyond my control. I called Expedia to cancel, and was told that I should also call Allianz as they were the insurer. When I called Allianz, I was lead to believe that I had done what was necessary, and that I would receive a refund.

They told me that the only complication that they could see is that I may have to take a credit on the flight portion of the trip,. After waiting several days to hear from Allianz, I decided to contact them by Email to find out how long it would take to get my refund:. I received a form letter reply stating that it could take another 7 to 10 days finalize the claim!. About a week later, I received an Email stating that my reason for cancelling was not covered by "trip cancellation insurance"".

I have since tried to find out from them what is covered, and what is not covered, and why, but can get no response from them after several attempts:. When I try to deal with Expedia, they just try to deflect me back to Allianz.. The sale of trip cancellation insurance seems to be a complete scam and a cospiracy involving Expedia and Allianz..

I am owed $1756?.00 by this company, and they refuse to pay. 1949b6e

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2013 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allianz-insurance/internet/Allianz-insurance-trip-cancellation-insurance-scam-Internet-1023896. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allianz insurance

Please contact us

AUTHOR: Sadie - (Canada)

Hi Darwin -  Were sorry you arent satisfied with your experience with us so far. Unfortunately, we cant discuss individual cases on a public forum due to privacy legislation. Can you please email infocanada@allianz-assistance.ca with your case number so we can look into this with you? Thanks, Sadie