Complaint Review: Allianz travel insurance

Allianz travel insurance Fraud Waterloo Iowa

*UPDATE Employee: HelpTeam

*UPDATE Employee: HelpTeam

*Consumer Comment: Allianz Scam Artists

I recently used Hotwire to make a hotel reservation in New York to accompany a business trip.  I purchased Allianz insurance to protect my own costs toward the hotel reservation because it was out of my own pocket and unforseen developments can change business trips.  The day before my trip, I was let go by my company and they cancelled my travel.  I contacted the hotel to cancel the reservtion and contacted Allianz to make a claim to protect my out of pocket expenses for the hotel.

My termination was unforseen and out of my control and my general manager wrote a letter to Allianz to satisfy their requirement for documentation.  Nevertheless, Allianz did not honor my claim on the grounds that they believe that I chose to cancel the trip myself and not my business.  I complained and they could not have been less concerned.  I am convinced that their business model is to do just that and that they will find technicalities until a client surrenders.  Do not use Allianz and expect for them to cover your claims.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2013 06:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allianz-travel-insurance/Richmond-VA-23255/Allianz-travel-insurance-Fraud-Waterloo-Iowa-1092202. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allianz travel insurance

HelpTeam

AUTHOR: Sarah - ()

Dear Gary,

I am sincerely sorry the policy you purchased did not provide coverage for your particular circumstance.

We want consumers to make an informed choice when it comes to purchasing insurance.  To this end, we provide a link to your policy in your confirmation email and offer a 10-day free look, so should you decide the coverage doesn’t work for you, you can obtain a full refund of your premium.  In every policy we explain what triggers coverage and what are the exclusions. While we have designed our products to cover the most common unforeseen situations our customers might encounter, not all events and situations are ones which trigger coverage in our insurance programs.

If you would like someone to walk you through the policy in detail, please don’t hesitate to call our customer service line at 1-800-284-8300.

Sincerely,

Sarah, HelpTeam

HelpTeam

AUTHOR: Sarah - ()

Dear John,

I am sincerely sorry about your loss and your frustration that the policy you purchased did not provide coverage for your particular circumstance.

We strive to make our plan benefits and conditions clear at the time of purchase, as we want consumers to make an informed choice when it comes to purchasing insurance.  To this end, we provide a link to your policy in your confirmation email and offer a 10-day free look, so should you decide the coverage doesn’t work for you, you can obtain a full refund of your premium.  While we have designed our products to cover the most common unforeseen situations our customers might encounter, not all events and situations are ones which trigger coverage in our insurance programs.

If you have further questions about the outcome of your claim, or would like someone to walk you through the policy you purchased in full detail, please don’t hesitate to call our customer service line at 1-800-284-8300.

Regards,

Sarah, HelpTeam

Allianz Scam Artists

AUTHOR: John M. - ()

My wife recently bought thier so-called "traveler's insurance" for a trip we were taking to Europe. We had planned to take her elderly mother, but unfortunately, her mother passed away before the planned trip. We canceled our plans, my wife having spent nearly $5000 for the trip. When we contacted Allianz to cover at least some of the cost, they jerked us around, lied, dodged us, and in the end, never paid us a cent. They're a complete scam, lowlife thieves, and liars. They must hire teams of slimey attorneys to write enough weasel language into their "contracts" so that wheneve a legitimate claim comes up, they can deny it. Don't deal with these dirtbags, they'll take your hard-earned money and run.