Complaint Review: Allied Business Schools

• Submitted: Fri, April 17, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, September 04, 2009

• Reported By:Higley Arizona
Allied Business Schools
22952 Alcalde Drive Laguna Hills, California U.S.A.

Allied Business Schools Scam Laguna Hills California

* : Allied is My and Many Others First Choice!

I enrolled in the Medical Billing/Coding Program in May 2007. I elected this program because it was a "move at your own pace" course which could be taken on-line. I paid for the course in full at the time of registration. I took the course and reached the point of taking my mid-term exam. Since we had only lived in Arizona for 5 months, I did not know a lot of people. I found someone to procter the exam. My friend subsequently moved back to Maryland and was unable to do so. For a few months, I was working full-time and dealing with some serious medical problems. I lost my job and decided I now had time to just sit down and complete the course. When I tried to log in, a message appeared "Your Account Has Expired - Please Contact Allied to ReEnroll." I contacted Student Services and was advised that contrary to what I had been told, I only had 18 months to complete the course and I would have to repay for both courses in order to complete them. If I had known this from the beginning, I would not have wasted the $2,800.00. I suppose it is my fault for misunderstanding the statement "move at your own pace." I paid the tuition in full with the understanding that I could in fact "move at my own pace." Because life happens and circumstances beyond my control prevented me from moving as quickly as I would have liked, I now find myself out the cost of the program with no hope of completing it. Who lost in this deal? I don't think it was Allied.

KS
Higley, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2009 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allied-Business-Schools/Laguna-Hills-California-92653/Allied-Business-Schools-Scam-Laguna-Hills-California-444461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allied Business Schools

#1

Allied is My and Many Others First Choice!

AUTHOR: mommasmurph - (USA)

I worked for Allied for close to 4 years and in several departments. One of them was the medical department. In all of my years at Allied a few students would "slip through the cracks". If one thing went wrong, everything seemed to go wrong. However, the school is one of the best at what they do. I have taken real estate license renewel, real estate appraiser, and 5 real estate broker courses and will continue whenever I need or want to take another class. Most sales reps are very good at making sure all is in place for the new students and that the students understand they have one year to complete the program. I have even seen (on more than one occassion) Allied extend  the program time if some occurance disrupts the program study and the student asks for more time. The Student Services department is especially good at taking care of problems. Allied's position was (at least when I worked there) that the customer came first. Complaints were taken extremely seriously. A form came in the materials asking the customer if they felt "cohersed" in any way to take the course and it automatically came with the course online. As the school is accredited, the complaints can hurt the accredidation, therefore, complaints were of the highest importance. In my years at Allied, I had many, many satisfied customers who would refer other customers to me. People would give me testimonials. My husband is signing up for their real estate licensing program today. Online with Allied is one of the easiest and convenient ways to do schooling and I will continue to recommend them.