Complaint Review: Allied Collection Services, Insurance Co.

• Submitted: Sat, January 06, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, February 27, 2007

• Reported By:Springfield Missouri
Allied Collection Services, Insurance Co.
435 Ford Road #850 Minneapolis, Minnesota U.S.A.

Allied Collection Services, Insurance Co. How do i stop this harrassment Please help!!! Ripoff Minneapolis Minnesota

*Author of original report: Allied Interstate

*Consumer Suggestion: Bobbi, the calls are very easy to stop.

I have recently been contacted by Allied Collections, aka, allied insurance, I have no idea what else to do. They notified me of a past due account that i have incurred and i don't dispute this, however my attempts to ask them to send me a bill have gone, unfulfilled. These people have harrassed me from day to night, they have continually called, and I have continually, told them to send a bill. These people have very heavy accents and it is really hard to understand them, the last call I was called a b***h! What can I do? All I'm asking for is a bill ON Paper, that I can send this too! Please help! Now they are calling my husband, he doesn't even like books! This is who sent me to collections, I understand I owe the bill, and I have explained to them that I have moved, and hav'nt received any bills and all they want is my credit card number or my checking account number!!! Any one who has a good response, or helpful I would love to hear from you! Dirk, can leave me alone! I am ready to contact an attorney! Thanks!

Bobbi
Springfield, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2007 04:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allied-Collection-Services-Insurance-Co/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55426/Allied-Collection-Services-Insurance-Co-How-do-i-stop-this-harrassment-Please-help-Ri-229112. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allied Collection Services, Insurance Co.

Allied Interstate

AUTHOR: Bobbi - (U.S.A.)

Now after a 1 month break from these guys i am getting it all over again! every day, over and over i have 5 kids to tend too! wheewwww i'm tired of them! I told them tonite to cease and dissest by phone is that good enuf! They said it was enuf and they were putting into record i told them i had an attny. and i was recording their conversation, all of a sudden they didn't want to talk to me. hmmmm funny how that works. Some MANAGER by the name of Roger Barry ha ha said he could help me, I told him my address for the 8th time and he wanted me off the phone! When I call back it is always a answering machine!
Please be careful ya'll!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Bobbi, the calls are very easy to stop.

AUTHOR: Steve [Not A Lawyer] - (U.S.A.)

Bobbi,

First of all NEVER speak to any collector on the phone, and NEVER admit to anything.

You have the legal right to demand a CEASE COMMUNICATION with them under the provisions of the FDCPA. Then when they violate, you sue them. It's great to get paid by a debt collector!

Send your CEASE COMMUNICATIONS letter to them by certified mail, return reciept and be sure to put the certified# on the letter itself and keep a copy for your records. This is very important as it proves what you sent.

Just give them your name and the phone#'s they are calling and any reference# that you may have from them and demand that all communications with you or third parties on your behalf cease immediately.

Inform them that failure to comply immediately will result in a lawsuit being filed under the provisions of the FDCPA.

You never mentioned the amount of the debt, but I assume it is small as you indicated it was for books. Nobody sues over small amounts like this. Not even Allied!

Ignore them.