Complaint Review: Allied Data Corporation - Allied Interstate

• Submitted: Wed, December 21, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, December 21, 2005

• Reported By:Hartselle Alabama
Allied Data Corporation - Allied Interstate
13111 Westheimer Rd Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Allied Data Corporation - Allied Interstate They told me they were having me arrested by the Constable of their State, ripoff. Houston Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Donna, take them down!

My home was called by this Compnay on December 20th 2005 and Mileka Hunter told my daughter she wanted to speak with Donna Barr. My Daughter told her I wasn't there and asked whom was calling. The response was Mileka and your mother is going to be arrested.

I came in from work while my daugther was trying to find a pen to write down the information the girl was going to give her for me. My daugther told me this girl said Your mother is going to be arrested and I need to speak to her.

My daughter gave me the phone and I ask (with whom am I speaking? The girl said Mileka and I asked who were you tring to call? She said Donna Barr; I told her I was Donna Barr. She then said she needed my ssn# and I ask why? She said you are being arrested. I said Who are you and what do you mean?

She said her client had retaind her legal frim to handle and unpaid bill. I ask who the client was and she said she could not give me any information till I gave her my ssn# to verify who I was. I said you called my house and told my daughter you were fixing to arrest me and you can't give me the name of your firm or the name of your client? She said that's right.

I said where are you having me arrested and she said 205 Haig ST SW Hartselle Al. I was getting really upset and ask to speak to her Supervisor. She then hung up on me.

I called the number back and talked to Sonya. She put me through to Tim Webber Mileka's Supervisor. I told him about the call from Milkea and asked him for her last name.

After several attempts to keep from giving the name he finally gave the name of Mileka Hunter and said he sat right beside her and did not hear anything wrong with her saying her frim was having me arrested. He and I continued to argue back and forth about the situation and he would not give me the date of my court case or tell me where it was.

When I told him I knew enough about the Law to know that he had not even made an attempt to contact me, and that I wanted copies of the letters they said they had sent and court date of when my case was he said they had sent them to my previous address.

I told him I knew that was a lie because my previous address was my mothers house and she had been at the same address for 27 years. He then offered to mail me the information to my current address. He also wanted me to send 15 checks in the ammount to cover the bill.

I called the Alabama Attorney Generals Office (Consumer Affiars Division)in Montgomery Alabama and was advised not to send anything till they complete their investigation. They said they had numerous complaints on the tactis this Company uses and it is illeagl to threaten jail for civil violations

Donna
Hartselle, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2005 02:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allied-Data-Corporation-Allied-Interstate/Houston-Texas-770077-5546/Allied-Data-Corporation-Allied-Interstate-They-told-me-they-were-having-me-arrested-by-t-168868. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allied Data Corporation - Allied Interstate

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Donna, take them down!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

It's not even a civil violation to have a bad debt. It is not any kind of legal violation. You cannot go to jail for any debt.

I would follow up with that, do an FTC complaint, it is worth at least a thousand dollars to you if you play it right.

Put them out of business!