Complaint Review: Allied Data Corporation

• Submitted: Mon, April 03, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, April 04, 2006

• Reported By:Jacksonville North Carolina
Allied Data Corporation
13111 WestHeimer Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Allied Data Corporation ripoff, no collection letter, must western union money, send post dated checks RIPOFF Houston Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Amber, a few rules to live by...

I got a call from this "collection company" today from a Mr. Harvey saying my Avon account had been sent to them for collections.

I was told if I didn't pay that I would end up paying their lawyers fees and court costs. I was told that in order to set up payments I had to call Western Union and wire the money. To send the money would cost an extra $16.00 that they would refund. So I wired the money.

Then as I got to thinking about it I looked them up on the web and saw what everyone else was saying. I did as everyone else did and contacted Avon. They could not pull up my account. I explained who had called and she gave me a number to call and of course, it is late in the evening and no one is there.

Now I am worried someone has my bank info and my husband is affraid all of our money will disappear. Someone please help

Amber
Jacksonville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2006 07:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allied-Data-Corporation/Houston-Texas-77077-5547/Allied-Data-Corporation-ripoff-no-collection-letter-must-western-union-money-send-post-184758. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allied Data Corporation

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Amber, a few rules to live by...

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

1). NEVER speak to ANY collector on the phone.

2). NEVER pay ANY third party collector. Chances are they are a debt buyer, and cannot prove the debt anyway.

3). NEVER use Western Union as a form of payment for ANYTHING!

4). NEVER pay on an old debt! By paying on it, you just started the Statute of limitations for enforcement of collection, AND restarted the 7 year negative reporting period.

Paying an old debt hurts your credit more than not paying it.

How old was the debt?

How much was it? Was it even worth them taking you to court?

The SOL for that type of debt in N.C. is only 3 years. 3 years from date of last activity. Uncollectable after that.

Go to BudHibbs.com and FTC.gov to learn about these creeps, and your rights under federal law.