Complaint Review: Allied Data Corporation

• Submitted: Tue, November 20, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, November 20, 2007

• Reported By:Newton North Carolina
Allied Data Corporation
13111 Westheimer Suite 400 Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Allied Data Corporation re: Avon Houston Texas

I too am a victim of Avon and Allied Data. But I'm gonna fix it. I went to a credit counseling agency and they gave me the stop contact letter that mandates the collections agency to stop contact immediately. If they contact after they've received the letter, you can report them to the Attorney General of your state. I live in NC and for those of you who are residents as well of this wonderful state, we live in a state that does not allow general creditors to garnish your wages or taxes. I have been threatened that this will happen by Allied Data. If they tell you that simply say, I'm sorry but I live in NC and that's not going to happen. Here is a copy of the letter that I was given. Feel free to use it for any creditor that won't stop calling or harrassing you. You can send this even if you DO owe the money! Also go to this website for more info: www.ftc.gov or call 1-877-FTC-HELP.

Date:

To:
Account/Reference Number:
I am writing to request that your contacts to me concerning my account be immediately stopped.

Please do not contact me, my family or my references again.

I am taking this action to protect my rights under The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act of 1977.

Sincerely,

Your name

Ang
Newton, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2007 09:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allied-Data-Corporation/Houston-Texas-77077/Allied-Data-Corporation-re-Avon-Houston-Texas-285648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allied Data Corporation