• Report: #1102049

• Updated: Mon, November 25, 2013

• Reported By: hou_mrk — Pearland Texas
Allied Home Warranty
Houston, Texas USA

Allied Home Warranty (NRG Home Services) No repairs, only VERY expensive replacements for even the most minor of issues. Houston Texas

I contacted Allied Home Warranty because the A/C unit that they didn't already have me replace a few months ago was not working.  They sent a technician from NRG Home Services, which appears to be the same company as Allied Home Warranty...so much for independent contractors, right?

The first thing the technician did was try to build credibility with me by informing me of his qualifications and experience...gaining credibility is step 1 in any con.  From there he determined that the A/C would not come on because the switch (light switch) in the attic that was associated with this particular unit was in the OFF position.  My guess is they turned it off when they replaced my other A/C unit just a few months prior.  Once the switch was turned to the ON position, the A/C came right on.  However, the tech then informed me that my system had a leak and this was not a repair item, it was a full replacement of the A/C.

Fortunately, I do know a little bit about A/C, and since this didn't make sense to me, I contacted Allied to request that they send someone out other than NRG Home Services to give me a second opinion.  You'll never guess who they scheduled to give me a second opinion...that's right, NRG Home Services...the same company that came out the first time.  Of course, I cancelled this service call because I failed to see the point of spending another $60 for these same people to feed me the same line they did the first time.

I had then decided to contact Angel A/C in Rosharon to request a second opinion, as they had saved me from a similar scam several years prior and they did good work for me at a fair price.  Of course, these folks were able to fix the issue for under $400.

At this point, I've contacted Allied to request reimbursement for the repairs to my A/C system.  However, I do not expect to receive reimbursement, as I'm sure they'll be able to come up with 1000 excuses as to why they are not responsible for the repair bill.

I've had other home warranties in the past, but I've never had the misfortune to work with such an untrustworthy company like Allied Home Warranty/NRG Home Services.  Complete rip-off!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2013 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allied-Home-Warranty/Houston-Texas-77254/Allied-Home-Warranty-NRG-Home-Services-No-repairs-only-VERY-expensive-replacements-for-1102049. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allied Home Warranty