Complaint Review: Allied Interstate

• Submitted: Tue, May 19, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, May 19, 2009

• Reported By:Camas Washington
Allied Interstate
3000 Corporate Exchange Drive Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

Allied Interstate Trying to collect on a debt I already am paying a different company Columbus Ohio

*Consumer Comment: A possibility...

Allied Interstate keeps sending me letters to collect on a debt that I am paying already to someone else.

They are trying to settle for an amount different than what I owe.

The company that I am paying told me not to pay these people and to file a report.

When I called Allied they don't even answer professionally. They answer "hello". When asked why they are trying to collect on a debt that is not theirs to collect the rep starts getting all nervous and acting funny, continuously putting me on hold to "talk to her supervisor". When I asked the rep why she was acting fishy, her reply was "I'm new and in training".

While filing this report, I called Allied........I was told that they are collecting a debt I owe and that I need to contact the original debtor if I thought otherwise. Seems interesting that the company that I am actually paying says do not send them money!

I am contacting the BBB and reporting!

Heidi
Camas, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2009 03:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allied-Interstate/Columbus-Ohio-43231/Allied-Interstate-Trying-to-collect-on-a-debt-I-already-am-paying-a-different-company-Colu-453438. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allied Interstate

A possibility...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Have you validated the debt to make sure that the company you are actually paying has the "right to collect" the debt. It could be that this company that you are paying, actually has no right to collect and is just taking your money.

AI is one of the bottom-feeders, and it is not that unheard of to have one Collection Agency scamming on another companies debt.

Check your Credit Report and make sure you don't have any other companies saying you owe them for this debt. If there is more than one send a Debt Validation Letter to each, because only one has the right at any one time only one should validate it. I would also call the original creditor. They won't talk to you about the debt, but should direct you to the company that they show as having your debt.