Complaint Review: Allied Interstate

• Submitted: Sun, September 17, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, September 17, 2006

• Reported By:Seaford Delaware
Allied Interstate
3000 Corporate Exchange Dr. Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

Allied Interstate, ripoff Columbus Ohio

I was contacted by this idiots on a debt for Sears that was not only paid off a year ago, but it was paid off through Allied Interstate! When I told this guy (Mr. Fred Taylor) that it was paid off and it was through their firm that handled the debt he had the balls to ask me for proof. I gave this clown the original Allied account# and the date it was settled.

That wasn't proof enough for him, he wanted the letter faxed! I asked him if they were in the practice of collecting debts without verifying them first? No response from him on that one. I told him that they should be able to verify this through their own records, but he still insisted I send him the proof the debt was settled and wanted to know if I could fax the information to him. I asked him for the fax number and sent him a "cease & desist" letter with the same information that I already gave him on the phone.

I figure the letter was from them and I shouldn't make their job any easier. This place must not keep records very well to go as far to collect on the same debt that they already collected on!

Eric
Seaford, Delaware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2006 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allied-Interstate/Columbus-Ohio-43231/Allied-Interstate-ripoff-Columbus-Ohio-211417. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allied Interstate