Complaint Review: Allied Interstate

• Submitted: Fri, February 04, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, March 22, 2005

• Reported By:Oakville Missouri
Allied Interstate
3200 Northline Ave. Suite 160 Greensboro, North Carolina U.S.A.

Allied Interstate Ripoff On Behalf Of At&t Wireless rudeness Greensboro North Carolina

*Consumer Suggestion: Fair Debt Collection...is it so fair?

On feb 5th of this year I recieved a call from Allied Interstate about a bill from AT&T wireless that was sent to them.

First off let me say that the amount owed is valid and needs to be paid. The current amount owed is 430.68.
For the past several months I've been sending them 25.00 a month this is all I can afford to pay and they have accepted these payments and processed them.

So now to the call when I picked up the phone the lady said she was calling from Allied Interstate. She went on to tell me that my bill was 6 months behind being paid. I told her that I was aware of that fact and that I was doing the best I could to pay this bill and then she told me that she needed the amount in full. I told her that was not possible at the present time.

When I asked her what a reasonable amount to send them was she said the balance due. I told her I could not do this. So I told her that next month I could send half of what I owe and the balance the following month. She told me the only way I could do this was to secure the payment with a credit card. I told her that I did not have credit cards.

Now here comes the good part she asked me if there was any way I could borrow the money from someone and I told her I would not do that and then she had the nerve to ask me if my wife works. Then she asked me if I got my tax return back. I told her that was none of her business. Then she went on to ask me why I got behind in my payments to AT&T and I told her that was none of her business also. Now I understand that it is my resposibility to pay this bill and I tried to make arrangements to pay this bill with them but when she became arrogant and rude with me I told her I'm hanging up and she can continue to call as often as she likes but I will not answer the phone.

I know these people have a job to do and I understand I have an obligation to pay this bill. But it seems to me that if I'm making an effort to send them something and they are accepting these payments evey month they should accept the fact that I'm trying to pay this off the best I can. I have dealt with bill collectors before and alot of them have been nice and listen about your situatuion and try to help in any way they can to help clear up a debt. But I would suggest that if you ever recieve a call from Allied Interstate may the force be with you because they sure won't be.

DJM
St Louis, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2005 09:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allied-Interstate/Greensboro-North-Carolina-27048/Allied-Interstate-Ripoff-On-Behalf-Of-Att-Wireless-rudeness-Greensboro-North-Carolina-130111. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allied Interstate

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Fair Debt Collection...is it so fair?

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

Hi, I was in collections for about 2years. I have some good advice for all. You cant fight the system unless you know the rules of the game. To begin Fair Debt Act has to be honored no matter what state you are in or where the collectors are calling from. Go online to get the exacts. These people are motivated by one thing, money, that is it. They will act like your buddy or will play good cop bad cop to get you to send money. These collection agencies buy debt from companies at a highly reduced rate then make every attempt to make a profit.First, if you dont want them to bother you at all by phone, send them a cease and dicest(sp?) letter and log or record your converssations with them each time. If they cuss you or threaten you or call you after I believe it is 8pm your time then they have violated Fair Debt. They the company are responsible for their agents actions and if found guilty they can be charged 10,000 dollars per episode. Make these companies feel their mistakes. I am not telling you not to pay your bills, I am stating that we need to pull back the reins on bad business. Also, if they threaten you with legal action they must follow through. They cannot legally bully you.If they threaten you with legal, goto your local state legal assistance office and call the state attorney general in your state and theirs. Let me tell you this gets their attention quick if done properly. Do not cuss at them or tell them lies about payments. This fuels their argument. Trust me I know of alot of big businessese that still use the bully technique and it is time for them to learn a lesson.