Complaint Review: Allied Interstate

• Submitted: Mon, October 09, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, October 18, 2006

• Reported By:Fort Worth Texas
Allied Interstate
3200 Northline Avenue, Suite 160 Greensboro, North Carolina U.S.A.

Allied Interstate, Illegal collections practices, harrassment of consumers, threatening calls Greensboro North Carolina

*Author of original report: Allied Interstate continues Harrassment

Allied Interstate has been contracted, while the bill was still in dispute, to collect an amount owed by us to Cingular Wireless. They began contacting us at the end of September.

Many nights, Allied will call us five or six times a night, usually every thirty minutes or so. If we answer the phone, they are extremely rude, even yelling at us. They are also trying to collect an additional $ 150.00 above what is actually owed to Cingular Wireless.

Whenever you tell them that you do not wish for them to call you anymore, this is when they continue to get extremely rude. Without any provocation from me, I have had them yell at me every time that I have spoken with them.

My wife, who was home for the Columbus Day holiday, received four calls from them between 8:00 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. Each time that they called, they yelled at her about paying the bill and she told them not to call anymore. Their response was that they would call whenever they wanted and that it did not matter what we wanted.

We have contacted Cingular Wireless hoping that they would be able to get these calls stopped. Unfortunately, they claim that they are unable to do anything about it.

I have reported them to the Texas Attorney General's Office for unfair collection practices. After reviewing their website, they cannot be calling multiple times a night and cannot be calling after we tell them not to.

Scott
Fort Worth, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2006 07:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allied-Interstate/Greensboro-North-Carolina-27408/Allied-Interstate-Illegal-collections-practices-harrassment-of-consumers-threatening-ca-214953. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allied Interstate

Allied Interstate continues Harrassment

AUTHOR: Scott - (U.S.A.)

Allied Interstate continues to call. We were told by Cingular not to pay this bill until we received the corrected bill from them. We just received this bill last Friday.

I have spoken with Cingular and was told that they could not speak with Allied. They told me that, per their contract with Allied, Allied could refuse to take their calls.

Just last night, they called us at about 5:15 p.m. My wife answered the phone and told them not to call again and then she hung up on them. A couple of hours later, they called again. Before the man started yelling, he said that my wife was "irrational."