• Report: #120078

• Submitted: Sat, November 27, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, November 27, 2004

• Reported By:Elkridge Maryland
Allied Interstate
460 N Mesa Dr. Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.

Allied Interstate Ripoff Harassment from Allied Interstate Mesa Arizona

For months this agency called our number. Wondering who they were we finally decided to respond to find out what it was about. In speaking with a Craig Knight I found out they were trying to collect a debt owed to a Roomstore in Md. Since we have never in our life bought anything at a Roomstore he was told this fact. From there it went downhill. I was accused of lying, yelled at and told to just pay the bill because it was ours and we were just deadbeats (total bill they claim is $5000.00 some dollars). We have paid every bill that we have ever incurred in our lifetime and this really p-ss-d me off.

Subsequent calls and requests to stop calling only resulted in more calls. When we requested information about this debt they could not (or would not) give us any information. In one call I did manage to get the last 4 digits of a social security number associated with this debt out of one of them. I told them it was not any part of any number in our family. Told them again it was not our debt and told them we had been assured in a recent phone call that they would stop calling. While I was making this statement, I was told to - go to h*ll, and hung up on.

Out of frustration I contacted several Roomstore's in our area and guess what - no one can find anything about any sale in our name or address or phone number.
I am ready to file a complaint with the FTC as I shouldn't have to put up with this harassment.

Ruth
Elkridge, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2004 10:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allied-Interstate/Mesa-Arizona-85201/Allied-Interstate-Ripoff-Harassment-from-Allied-Interstate-Mesa-Arizona-120078. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allied Interstate