Complaint Review: Allied Medical College

Allied Medical College
645 Gravois Bluffs Boulevard Fenton, Missouri United States of America

Allied Medical College University of Phoenix Student Loan Fenton, Missouri

*Consumer Comment: comment

I attended Allied Medical College in hope to start an exciting career in the Medical Field as a Medical Assistant. At the time I attended the school was located at 232 Water Tower Place in Arnold, MO., before they moved locations to Gravois Bluffs, Fenton, MO.

I qualified for a grant to help me pay for schooling, and also had to have a student loan to pay the rest. It costed $10,000. for a certificate as a Medical Assistant.

My balance I was to owe on my student loan was $2000.00, after a couple months of attending college I received a check in the mail for $3000.00. I was shocked as to what did I receive this for. I questioned the schools financial coordinator about the check because it had been sent to me with no explaination as to what it was for.

The Financial Coordinator told me it was free money that I could spend it any way I wanted. Little did I know that it was actually money that was tacked onto my student loan. If I would have known that at the time I would have sent the check back.

So, I went from only oweing $2000.00 to pay back to now oweing $5000.00 to pay back.

I wish that there was some way that the college would have to pay this instead of me.

I love free money just like anyone else but why did they lie to me and said it was free, why didn't they just say it will be tacked onto your student loan.

I have a hard time paying this back now. I hate to be in debt because someone lying to me and I didn't know till school was out that it was on my student loan.

I feel the school should pay it, just for lying to me. Thats not right and i refuse to refer anyone I know. It was a scam just so i'd have more money to pay back..

I was taken advantage off, and it wasn't only me that they did it to, my other classmates encountered the same situation.

Allied Medical College, Fenton, MO is a financial Scam.  I love the education I received just not the lying financial burden that i now have to deal with.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2011 03:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allied-Medical-College/Fenton-Missouri-63026/Allied-Medical-College-University-of-Phoenix-Student-Loan-Fenton-Missouri-726151. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allied Medical College

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

First of all, you weren't ripped off since YOU received the money, not the school.  Did it ever occur to you to contact the lender (or look at your loan account information online) and see how much money was actually disbursed on your behalf? The ten minutes it would've taken for you to do that would've clarified that the check represented excess funds and you could have easily returned the check or just paid back the loan.

Second, there is no such word as "costed", and it scares me to think that a person without a high school level command of English grammar is maintaining medical records.