Complaint Review: Allmand Law

• Updated: Sat, February 16, 2013

• Reported By: Broke — Dallas Texas United States of America
Allmand Law
5646 Milton St #120, Dallas Dallas, Texas United States of America

Allmand Law Reed Allmand Collects money and delivers horrible service Dallas, Texas

I looked online to find reviews of law firms to file bankruptcy. Allmand Law looked good. Must have been reviews by employees.

I get the free consultation and the attorney tells me I can file chapter 13 and lays out the payment process. I asked every thing I could think of and they painted a pretty picture which I bought. What wasn't mentioned was the lack of personal service by anyone in the firm. I took a packet home to read and fill out hundreds of questions.

I returned for the next meeting with paperwork in hand. Here comes the first red flag in that it doesn't matter what you wrote down, the attorney has a set amount to write based in where you live. Why did I bother filling it out? My monthly expenses are higher than the IRS median for my area. Thought they should have explained living in small town outside of Dallas was a negative if you have a good income.

I get home and find a mistake on the document. I call the office and next red flag. No one answers. Leave a message. Write an email. All correspondence is answered with 48 hrs. I must not have been a chosen one as most of my calls and emails went unanswered. The attorney simply changed the amounts on the documents and filed them without my consent. I asked for an explanation and got a song and a dance. I walked into the office in hopes of getting answers only to be told I needed an appointment. Next appointment available in three weeks! So I waited. Appointment time and only a paralegal was available. She told me the inside secrets of filing bankruptcy. And Allmand does it like they want and if you don't like it, too bad.

I researched the code and realized that the paperwork was filed correctly according to the code. Nothing I could change but the attorney could have explained it. First meeting of creditors with the attorney and the Trustee comes and my attorney isn't there. Oh yeah, you don't get an attorney at Allmand. A paralegal shows up, never introduces herself as such, never speaks in the meeting, and I just answer the questions. Get through the class afterwards and go back to life.

Allmand was supposed to file with the court so I didn't have a payroll deduction and I would pay it on my own. Tried to charge me an additional $400 until I ponted out it was included in the fees already paid. Oh yeah! Well the paper was never filed and two years later I still pay by money order while the federal court expects payroll deductions. More unanswered emails.

I get a notice that he attorney on my case is leaving the firm and a new one would take over with no changes to my service. Once I emailed that that I wasn't getting service to start with, did I get an email back. Come meet the new guy and discuss your case. Meet the new guy and he is clueless about me or anything about my case. No answers. Waste of my time and gas. Got late notices on my vehicle payment that was in the plan. Attorney says dont worry about it they can't repo. He tells me to call the loan company and explain its in bankruptcy. Make sure to take names and numbers of everyone I talk to. Hello! I hired a law firm to represent me! Some representation. Only after I talked to the Trustees office did it get handled. And not through the attorney either.

In summation, if you need creditor relief find any other law firm other than Allmand Law. Ask how questions are handled and who will be holding your hand through the process. If they start with Allmands line of dont worry we will take care of everything, run! Allmand is quick to collect and then provides no personal service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2013 08:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allmand-Law/Dallas-Texas-75206/Allmand-Law-Reed-Allmand-Collects-money-and-delivers-horrible-service-Dallas-Texas-1015255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allmand Law