Complaint Review: AlloRussia.com

• Submitted: Thu, February 28, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, March 04, 2013

• Reported By: reviewer — Seattle Washington United States of America
AlloRussia.com
4780 Ashford Dunwoody Rd, Suite A 236 Atlanta, GA Internet, Georgia United States of America

AlloRussia.com ????, ??????! WORST customer service EVER Internet, Georgia

*Author of original report: A little over a week passed since...

*UPDATE Employee: Co

You're supposed to be able to call your friends and relatives long-distance for much better rates with them.

Not reliable service whatsoever. They promise you 100% quality guarantee. What will actually happen is you call using their service and somewhere down the line (you won't know when, why, or how) but their connection will be lost. There's no audible sign of this happening when you're actually talking to someone on the phone so the phone call won't actually be dropped BUT then you'll be using your own phone company's rates for long distance.

Do you know how much my cell phone company charges for long distance to Russia? Plenty. And AlloRussia does NOT want to be held responsible for the charges you collect because of THEIR faulty service. This didn't happen once. It happen twice already. And I gave them a chance to correct their mistake if only they'd credit my account for the money I now have to pay for my new phone bill. They credit me with 6 cents!!! WHat a slap in the face. They called it "for failed attempts". There were no failed attempts. I didn't even hear anything go wrong with the line, otherwise I would've hung up.

Instead of paying a few cents a minute to talk to my relatives, I ended up paying two DOLLARS a minute.

They do not stand by their promises / "guarantees"! Worst customer service ever.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2013 01:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AlloRussiacom/Internet-Georgia-30338/AlloRussiacom-WORST-customer-service-EVER-Internet-Georgia-1021631. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AlloRussia.com

A little over a week passed since...

AUTHOR: reviewer - (United States of America)

"Any call connected through our service which fails because of the local carrier in the destination country, will be automatically disconnected  and you need to dial the access number again to connect to our service. If you hadn't done this, your call went through your local provider."

Yes, your customer representatives have asked me several times *in a row* what specific steps I would take to make the call and each time I answered them that I always used the access number provided to me and only *then* I would dial the international number. I called many many times using the same instructions - it was unpleasant to be treated as if I was untrustworthy or my level of intelligence - sub par.

"While we are always happy to re-credit a customer for a failed call made through our service (which we probably did for you), [NO you didn't] we do not pay the bills for customers that they incurred on another service. On purchasing our service every customer is advised to block all outgoing international calls with their local provider. This way you ensure that your outgoing international calls will be charged to your AlloRussia account. You probably haven't taken this into account."

The only reason I haven't 'taken this into account' was because I was actually NEVER advised to do so.
And if you mean those 6 cents as recrediting a customer for the 7 dollars they were charged because of your faulty service, well I find that appalling.

To anyone else reading this, I ended up calling the customer service line 3 times in total (after emailing and getting those pathetic 6 cents from them). First time they said they will refund me the $7 if I sent them the phone records from my phone bill as proof. Second time I called to inquire on the status of the refund and the customer service interrogated me for 15 minutes on the phone, asking over and over the specific steps I made to make the international call. By "over and over" I mean I answered all of his questions correctly, he put me on hold, and then he asked me the same questions the second time around.. and then again... And then he concluded that it was my phone that was of the issue even though I used the same phone for the other 98% calls I made with AlloRussia, so that doesn't explain the issue correctly. And neither does it say anywhere on their site that they don't recommend a smartphone for using their service. They have a mobile-to-mobile rate for heaven's sake! Then he just continued repeating to me over and over in a redundant manner that those specific calls simply "didn't go through". Yes, clearly! And just like those telemarketers have specific scripts they need to refer to, he kept repeating the same line over and over to my questions as to why they wouldn't just refund me as they told me they would initially if I had provided them with proof? He HUNG UP on me. There was no yelling or swearing from my end, mind you. Then I call the third time and have to answer the *same questions* over once again and when the customer service representative wants to put me on hold yet again (I have a screaming infant by then on the other end and frankly I don't have hours at a time to spend on hunting people down) I ask him to simply refund me whatever credit I have left with the company. Forget about getting my money back for their mistake - I just want what's mine back.

Phew. So three days later I get an email back saying I got my refund. So that took a little over a week and several phone calls to reach a conclusion - mind you, it wasn't the kind of conclusion they promised to begin with but I'm just happy it's over.

Perhaps they shouldn't make such grande promises to their customers and be more realistic in what people should expect.

Co

AUTHOR: Employee - (United States of America)

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your feedback.

AlloRussia.com is part of KeepCalling, a business with a 10 years history of providing telecom services to customers worldwide. With over 150,000 active customers, we offer clean, quick & efficient services with no hidden fees. We also provide customer service 24/7 in both English & Spanish and via phone, email & chat.

We have re-evaluated our connection quality for calls to Russia, and the results are excellent, indicating stability and longevity, as  reflected by our system. Any call connected through our service which fails because of the local carrier in the destination country, will be automatically disconnected  and you need to dial the access number again to connect to our service. If you hadn't done this, your call went through your local provider.

While we are always happy to re-credit a customer for a failed call made through our service (which we probably did for you), we do not pay the bills for customers that they incurred on another service. On purchasing our service every customer is advised to block all outgoing international calls with their local provider. This way you ensure that your outgoing international calls will be charged to your AlloRussia account. You probably haven't taken this into account.

We empathize the situation you arrived at should be clarified with your local provider. Please note that there was no failure whatsoever in any aspect of our service that led to this.

In conclusion, you have been refunded for your remaining balance with us, and you continued using the service. Thank you!

Your AlloRussia.com Team