Complaint Review: Allstar Towing

• Updated: Sat, April 20, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous@bellevista — Dallas Texas
Allstar Towing
4206 E Ledbetter Dr., Suite A Dallas, Texas United States of America

Allstar Towing Towed my moving truck and new/used vehicle that had correct documentation to be parked on property Dallas, Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Allstar has history of violating Texas Towing Law

Mid March 2013 I was moving some items to storage utilizing a small U-Haul van.  I had the proper documentation in the van and it was parked properly in space.

There were 3 other U-Haul and Enterprise vans that were much larger but they were not towed.  One large U-Haul van was parked up to the front door of the apartment on the lawn.  The Enterprise van, also very large, was parked across five (5) parking spaces.  I have photos of these.

Neither van displayed proper documents and both were illegally parked yet they were not towed. Only my small rental was towed.  This cost me not only the towing charge of $174.30 but additional rental miles at $0.79 per mile.

I was given a receipt for only $164.30 because $10.00 had to be cash.  I asked for receipt of the $10.00 and documentation of what it was paying.  I was told the van had an out of state license plate.  No receipt was allowed me.

I had cash of $40.00 in a clear vinyl pouch along with my papers.  The cash was gone!

Then on March 22, 2013 I purchased a new/used car, brought it home displaying the visitor parking pass.  It was towed at 3:56 am on March 23, 2013.

Again the towing charge was $174.30. Again only given receipt for $164.30. When asked what the $10.00 cash was for this time I was told it was because I did not have my registration.  I did have receipt of car purchase but that was not enough.

This time the vehicle was damaged in the front near the radiator underpanel. CDs were missing from the jeep and the doors were unlocked.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2013 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allstar-Towing/Dallas-Texas-75241/Allstar-Towing-Towed-my-moving-truck-and-newused-vehicle-that-had-correct-documentation-1037850. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allstar Towing

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Allstar has history of violating Texas Towing Law

AUTHOR: Texas Towing Compliance - ()

One of the reasons Allstar Towing didn't tow the other larger vehicles is because they don't have a large wrecker to tow them.  Allstar was fined by the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation on April 4, 2013 for towing without authority to do.  Therefore, in addition to filing this report, I highly suggest the owner of this vehicle mentioned in the report, to file a complaint with the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulations at www.tdlr.texas.gov/complaints.

Pat Johnson, Founder