Complaint Review: Allstate Financial Services

• Submitted: Tue, August 11, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, August 11, 2009

• Reported By:Tilton New Hampshire
Allstate Financial Services
1050 E Flamingo Rd Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Allstate Financial Services unathorized withdrawals from my bank account Las Vegas Nevada

* : Close the account

*Author of original report: More on Allstate Financial

This company began withdrawing $50 from my checking account without any notice to me. I had no idea who the company was and they never attempted to contact me in any way. Only after researching the company online did I discover that they are a collection agency who represents Orchard Bank, who I previously had an account with and closed the account a year ago. I had set up ONE payment with a previous collection agency for Orchard Bank, and then they did something similar, attempted to withdraw the remainder of the amount owed to them, despite the fact that they had no authorization for this.

Thankfully it bounced, but that cost me a return check fee. I immediately stopped payment on that agency to prevent any further attempts. When I called to tell them that they were not allowed to withdraw money from my account, I got screamed at, was told that they would take legal action against me, that I had to set up a payment with them immediately. I told them that I would deal directly with my credit card agency for any further transactions, as per my rights as a card holder, and that they were not to contact me again.

When I found out about the withdraws from Allstate Financial, I filed a stop payment on them as well. This week I checked my bank account and noticed a $100 check, same as before, no check number. I looked at it online and was shocked to discover that it was drawn from Allstate Financial. I immediately contacted my bank who researched and found two withdrawals, one from this month and one from last month, both in the amount of $100. My bank changed the stop payment to include all amounts of money so that they can no longer withdraw anything from my account and is returning both payments.

Thankfully I caught both of these payments within 60 days so that my bank can return them and I can get my money back. I believe all this is stemming from Orchard Bank directly. I think they use shady companies to attempt to collect debts.

Sara
Tilton, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2009 01:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allstate-Financial-Services/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89119/Allstate-Financial-Services-unathorized-withdrawals-from-my-bank-account-Las-Vegas-Nevada-478508. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allstate Financial Services

#1

Close the account

AUTHOR: Steph - (USA)

I would like to make a suggestion. I would close my checking account and reopen it with new #s. If this agency calls and asks you for the new account # refuse to give it.

More on Allstate Financial

AUTHOR: Smfruitloop - (U.S.A.)

I called the company directly and asked to speak to a supervisor. When I finally got in touch with one, he asked me for an account number, which of course, I did not have. He snottily informed me that I had to have an account number, and then put me on hold. When he came back to the phone, he took my information and looked it up. He then informed me that I made payment arraignments with them last year, and I must have just "forgotten." I tried to tell him that I agreed to make one payment of $50 and call back for all others. He continually interrupted me and said that wasn't true and he had recorded authorization. I asked to see proof of that authorization, to which he informed me that it was for court. He then informed me that I had already payed $950 and if I stopped payment that all interest and late fees would accrue again and I would just have to pay it all over again. I again tried to explain that I agreed to one payment of $50. He continued to try to interrupt me and talk over me. He then said I was yelling at him and he didn't have to take it!!!

This disagreement continued with me getting absolutely nowhere with him. I never got any proof of the so called payment arraignment. In fact, he hung up on me when I told him that I filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission regarding all this.