Complaint Review: Allstate Financial Services

• Reported By: lola — Phillipsburg New Jersey USA
Allstate Financial Services
202 Maple Blvd Nova Scotia, British Columbia United States of America

Allstate Financial Services Scammed me Nova Scotia British Columbia

* : This is not allstate.

i received a letter from allstate financial services in nova scotia cananda on august 15, 2009, informing me that i won 450,000.00 dollars in an international sweepstakes on june 15 2009.

enclosed with this letter was a check for 4,800 dollars to cover taxes.  the check was drawn from wells fargo bank in montana.  the check looked so real and it was possible that i might have won something.

i called jim morris and he told me to deposit the check and then wire kevin ashley in london england 3,750 dollars.  I told him the check didn't clear and he asked me how much i could sent.  No thinking it was a scam, i sent him 1,300 dollars of my own money on august 17, 2009

he told me that my check for 450,000 would arrive the next day which would have been august 18, 2009.  the money never came and when i called him back to ask where my money was he said because i didn't send the whole 3,750 they would hold the money until i wired it to them.

he told me when the check for 4,800.00 dollars cleared to call him. unless to say the check never cleared and i'm out 1,300 dollars plus 92.00 dollars for the western union fee.

I filed a report with my local police department

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2009 01:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allstate-Financial-Services/Nova-Scotia-British-Columbia-B5C-2M4/Allstate-Financial-Services-Scammed-me-Nova-Scotia-British-Columbia-489585. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allstate Financial Services

#1

This is not allstate.

AUTHOR: Dan R. - (USA)

This is obviously not from Allstate Insurance Company. An insurance company would not give someone on the other side of the world 450,000 dollars for a contest they did not enter. I get these emails over 20 times a day and would be broke if I fell for it every time. You should retract your claim against allstate because they are not the ones who sent you the email, someone from British Columbia did. These emails are sent from all types of banks, institutions, celebrities, foreign diplomats, etc. from around the world. Giving them $1,300 was your own decision which you should have thought about before doing it.