Complaint Review

Address:
Internet United States of America Phone:

Category:
Insurance Companies

Allstate Indemnity / Allstate Insurance Companies Allstate Indemnity Was a customer for 6 years...and they screwed me over! Internet

*General Comment: It's rating factor everwhere

I was a customer for Allstate for 6 years.  I had auto and renters insurance.  This particular story involves my car insurance.  I lost my job back in April 2009, so my budget was extremely tight.  In September I couldn't pay my car insurance because I didn't have the money so my policy ended up getting canceled.

I don't fault Allstate for canceling my insurance for non-payment, but here is the catch.  This was the one and only time I could not pay my car insurance or had it canceled.  I paid my balance in full expecting to get my a new policy.  My policy jumped up by $100.00 per month.  I have a clean driving record (no tickets, accidents, etc) and I've been a loyal customer for 6 years.  I pleaded with my agent to cut me a break but he couldn't do it.  I was paying $90.00 per month for full coverage car insurance so please tell me why it jumped up to $175.00 per month?  There was only a 30-day lapse in my payment.

Allstate is all about the bottom line and do not care about their customers!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2009 05:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allstate-Indemnity-Allstate-Insurance-Companies/internet/Allstate-Indemnity-Allstate-Insurance-Companies-Allstate-Indemnity-Was-a-customer-for-6-531718. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allstate Indemnity / Allstate Insurance Companies

#1 General Comment

It's rating factor everwhere

AUTHOR: Mike from mesa - (U.S.A.)

Lapses of insurance with all companies will raise your rate. Though I understand that loyalty should go along way. ALL insurance companies have to abide by dept. of insurance state laws. The insurance companies will do as much as they can but like everything else they have rules and regulations they have to follow.
MORE FEATURED REPORTS