Complaint Review: Allstate Insurance Sloan Agency

• Submitted: Sat, December 23, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, May 17, 2008

• Reported By:Ellijay Georgia
Allstate Insurance Sloan Agency
5685 Ga Hwy 400 #100 Cumming, Georgia U.S.A.

Allstate Insurance Sloan Agency lied to get business then wouldn't cover Cumming Georgia

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: A Happy Customer

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Owner

I was contacted by Ms. Simpson about a homeowner's insurance quote. I liked what I saw and we conversed several times. On November 20th I was told to cancel my other policy with The Georgia Farm Bureau. I did NOT cancel it then. I wanted to make sure everything was ok. So on December 7th I CALLED the Allstate office and was told that everything was fine and that I was covered. I had already received my policy information and everything.

So on December 8th I went down to the Farm Bureau and cancelled our homeowner's policy. On Monday December 11th I got a call from Ms. Simpson stating that Allstate wouldn't cover me. So sorry. Thats it. She told me to cancel my insurance WAY BACK IN NOVEMBER, but I didn't I waited until I was sure everything was ok.

NOW I have had my mortage company put insurance on my house that I can NOT AFFORD. I will probably lose my home now. I have two small children that will probably be homeless because the carelessness of AllState. Why tell me almost a MONTH before that I was covered and to cancel my policy from the Bureau?

Elizabeth
Ellijay, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2006 11:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allstate-Insurance-Sloan-Agency/Cumming-Georgia-30040/Allstate-Insurance-Sloan-Agency-lied-to-get-business-then-wouldnt-cover-Cumming-Georgia-226936. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allstate Insurance Sloan Agency

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

A Happy Customer

AUTHOR: C - (U.S.A.)

After the client in this case resolved the liability exposures discussed, and which resulted in Allstate not covering the property, my agency worked with the client to get things corrected. I also spoke directly with the client and asked why they never called and spoke with me the owner, and the client stated that they didn't even think to do that.

Bottom line, we go the extra mile to help our clients and in this case, we are happy to say that together, my agency and the client worked hard to get things straight. As a result, they have been a happy customer for over a year now.

Chris Sloan

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Owner

AUTHOR: C - (U.S.A.)

I sincerely apologize for any hardships this may have caused you and your family. We take pride and care in servicing our clients and never want to put someone in a bad position. There are two sides to each story and I only wish ours could be completely divulged, but I respect people and their choices.

Based off of our physical inspection we found liability risks on the property that fell well outside of the underwriting guidelines of the company we proposed to insure your property with. And as stated in our correspondence and verbally to you, once these risks are resolved we would be more than happy to insure your property and take care of you for many years to come. These liability risks should be resolved in order to protect you as a homeowner as well.

As to the timing of the events I do not contest this. However, we are at the mercy of when our inspectors physically go to a property to perform the inspection process. Typically this happens within two weeks, but because of the local of the property it took a little longer; based on the information we had at the time all looked fine as is the case 98% of the time.

And as we recommended Farm Bureau, which was your previous insurer, would be more than happy to take you back as a customer and reinstate your policy. At least this has been our experience.

Again, I apologize for any hardships this has caused your family and regret that we could not support you.

Chris Sloan