Complaint Review: Allstate Insurance

• Updated: Mon, December 17, 2012

• Reported By: Aubrey — Greenville Mississippi United States of America
Allstate Insurance
Greenville, Mississippi United States of America

Allstate Insurance failure to uphold agreement, manipulation of statement, Greenville, Mississippi

I had over $2000.00 worth of musical equipment stolen from the bed of my truck.  Even though I told the insurance adjuster over the phone that I didn't know when or where it was stolen, they chose to report that it was stolen off my property.  The police report even states that the time and place was unknown because it was the day after that I discovered it missing.  Simply put the agent on the phone asked me what the address was to the bar I played the night before.  I looked it up on the internet for him.  I was later told that I gave him the address to the bar and that I said that's where it was stolen from.  That was their grounds for not paying me.  I argued with the claims department and told the lady that I did give him the address to the bar only because he asked me what it was.  It didn't cross my mind that he would claim that it was the place the equipment was stolen from!  That's what he did and that was the only reason they would not cover it.  It was the only insurance claim I'd ever made in my life!  I'm also an arson investigator in my town and I work to save these guys millions a year!!  I was appalled!  I thought this was an open and shut case.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2012 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allstate-Insurance/Greenville-Mississippi-38701/Allstate-Insurance-failure-to-uphold-agreement-manipulation-of-statement-Greenville-M-983325. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allstate Insurance