Complaint Review: Allstate Insurance

• Submitted: Sun, March 29, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, March 29, 2009

• Reported By:Texarkana Texas
Allstate Insurance
3415 New Boston Rd Texarkana, Texas U.S.A.

Allstate Insurance Company Are you in good hands with Allstate Insurance? Texarkana Texas

If you think you're in good hands with Allstate Insurance Company, think again and read carefully your policy.

Last year I had broken windows in the house and when I called Allstate Insurance they told me I was not covered. However the policy said "glass coverage. The repair never got paid.

Also last year, Texarkana, TX had a vicious hail storm damaging every roof in the neighborhood. Allstate Insurance company send an Insurance adjuster who claimed no damage to my home. What a miracle from God that my house, the only one in the enighborhood, was saved. So I thought. Nevertheless, I contacted several roofing companies, who then showed me the damage the house had received.

Upon contacting Allstate again another Insurance adjuster was send and he agreed, the house had received damage from the storm. By now several months had past, every roofer was overbooked, and rain water was comming through the garage roof and damaging the ceiling.

Through a friend I hired a roofer repairing the roof. What I did not know was that this roofer was using defective shingles. Consequently rain water was coming through the roof again and damaging the home's ceiling. The home is under ten years old and due to this damage is losing on value.

Contacting Allstate Insurance again I was told they would see to it that I get the roof repaired and they would request reimbursement from the roofer. But later Allstate backed out.

Due to their unwillingness months ago to acknowledge the damage in the beginning, nothing like this would have happened.

All I can say is be careful when signing up with Allstate Insurance. I have canceled my policy with Allstate and found better coverage at less cost.

Texarkana, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2009 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allstate-Insurance/Texarkana-Texas-75501/Allstate-Insurance-Company-Are-you-in-good-hands-with-Allstate-Insurance-Texarkana-Texas-438858. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allstate Insurance