Complaint Review: Allstate Insurance

• Reported By:
Allstate Insurance
Nationwide U.S.A.

Allstate Insurance ripoff Tualatin Oregon

Had purchased a renters insurance policy when moving to a rental in Jacksonville, Or. Garage got burglarized shortly into this move. Made complete report of loss to local police and insurance (ALLSTATE). Major run-arounds would follow. Switched from one claims agent to another and twice required to start over. Wanting me to produce receipts of all missing items. Twice required to have forms notarized at $20 local Allstate Agents (Small fee both times).

It became clear to me that claims agent. Ann Lewis of Oregon/Idaho Claims was searching for any means to avoid paying this small loss. -- Then it happened. A couple of weeks ago she somehow came into a hand written note, from a Jacksonville police officer. The note was quite unprofessional, unsigned and not on letterhead: "Victim Dave Goggin DOB ______ reported a lap top computer missing from the home he is staying at. Later Goggin asked no further action be taken".

How, I ask, did agent Lewis manage to induce a police officer to provide her such a=
report? I had accurately reported the loss of more than a dozen items and at no point did I ask that no further action be taken. How did she get a policeman to write a note like this for her? The Chief of Jacksonville Police assured me that such an unprofessional note would never come from his Department but as a fact one officer did send just such a note. Based upon this unprofessional, false and unsigned note, Agent Ann Lewis was happy to inform me they, Allstate, would not have to pay my claim.

A dreadfully bad move on her part I'm afraid. I would promptly set out to do some research. I would learn of a pattern at Allstate - that they target primarily those least able to peruse any recourse. She was aware that I am a disabled veteran presently living in a VA home.

Clearly just the kind of person that these Good Hands Folks walks all over. She would have no way of knowing that in this particular case she was sinking her teeth in the wrong tigers butt. She had noway of knowing that this particular vulnerable senior has a number of collage degrees and is in some respects a rather resourceful citizen. Formal complaints would be forthcoming from me in all directions. My story was being told all over the Internet. The Jacksonville PD now assures me that their report is being corrected. Claims Agent, Ann Lewis, however has now taken the liberty of contacting a member of my family - presenting herself as a nice con=
cerned lady and wanting to know all about me; any mental health problems, what is my disability.

Why am I under VA care? Any history of problems with alcohol or delusional thoughts. Most interesting. I find this sister is now much concerned about her brother and his suspicious or distrustful nature. I don't believe Allstate, or Ann Lewis, in particular, is perusing anything like a professional, responsible, forthright or appropriate course in this case and I believe my particular claim is less then $3000. What, prey tell must they be like when presented with a major claim by some truly vulnerable or demented customer Be that as it may, I believe they have tried these tactics on the wrong harmless old senior this time and any constructive thoughts will be welcome.

Dave
eureka, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2003 09:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allstate-Insurance/nationwide/Allstate-Insurance-ripoff-Tualatin-Oregon-74740. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allstate Insurance