sequence

• Reported By: Kim — coconut creek Florida United States of America
Allstate Title Agency, Inc
7520 NW 5th Street, suite 200 Plantation, Florida United States of America

Allstate Title Agency, Inc "Mortgage Modification Scams" Plantation, Florida

*Consumer Comment: "INSURANCE POEM"...

*Consumer Comment: Allstate ripped us off too

*Consumer Comment: Allstate victims

Allstate Title Agency and Arthur Gundling are a bunch of scam artists!!!

My husband is a veteran, he served 2 tours in Iraq.  After getting out of the Air Force, he had a hard time finding work.  We were having trouble paying our mortgage.  It didn't help that our house which we paid $390,000 for was now valued at $180,000.

While opening up a checking account at Wachovia Bank, the lady helping us gave us the card for Allstate Title Agency.  She said they could help us modify our mortgage.  Our mortgage was through Washington Mutual and now through Chase.

We went to Allstate Title Agency and Lou and Anna made lots of promises.  We gave them all our information and they said the could definitely get our mortgage modified.  They wanted 2 payments.  The first one was for $999 and then the second payment was for $1250.  We made both payments.

The company did absolutely nothing for us.  We kept calling them and trying to figure out the progess and nothing....they would give us a different excuse every time.  A year later, still no modification.  Then we get a letter stating they are  no longer handling modifications.

At this point, we are really upset.  I call and schedule an appointment to speak directly to Arthur Gundling.  Jamie Smith set up an appointment and we went to the office (7520 NW 5th Street, Plantation).  When we get there, the office is gone.  It is closed and it's like it was never in existence.

I found an office address for Arthur Gundling.  I went there to speak with him.  He said he had "no idea what Allstate was doing".  He promised to try to help.  We gave him all our information and he said he would contact the bank and call us back in 1 week.  He never got back to us.  We called and let several messages with no response.  Completely frustarted with the situation, we showed up at the office again...and he refused to see us.

This is ridiculous that this company can get away with doing this.  Now we are a year late on our mortgage payments.  We are in a worse position than we were before we went to Allstate Title.  They took our money and completely scewed us over.

I want to file a suit against Allstate Title and Arthur Gundling.  If anyone else has had a similar experience with these con artists, please let me know.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2010 10:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allstate-Title-Agency-Inc/Plantation-Florida-33317/Allstate-Title-Agency-Inc-Mortgage-Modification-Scams-Plantation-Florida-659543. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allstate Title Agency, Inc

"INSURANCE POEM"...

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

is available at this site.

*Just type in 502469 and it appears as 'Consumer Comment #26' at Ripoff Report #502469.

Allstate ripped us off too

AUTHOR: Scammed - (United States of America)

Ive posted a few times regarding Allstate Title Agency ripping us off.  It seems like there are many of us in the same situation.  We should make effort to contact each other and work together on this. I can be reached via email at (((Redacted)))

Allstate victims

AUTHOR: Scammed - (United States of America)

My wife and I were/are in the exact situation.  Not only do they take your money up front which is illegel, by not getting you the loan modification our mortgage principal is $10,000 more than it was before!!! I never received any letter of notification that this company was no longer in business; I simply stopped receiving emails from Ms. Jamie Smith (if you have an additional contact number/address for her please send it my way).  I am looking into small claims court as well as a formal complaint to the Florida Bar regarding Arthut Gundling.  In consulting with an attorney, it was suggested to consult with a Legal Mapractice  attorney.  If you wish, contact me by email and maybe we can work together on this. My email is sagee73@gmail.com

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC