Complaint Review: Allstate Van Lines

• Updated: Tue, September 18, 2012

• Reported By: Teresa — Warren Ohio United States of America
Allstate Van Lines
4420 Bankers Circle, Unit 1 Doraville, Georgia United States of America

Allstate Van Lines Real van Lines, ABC Quality Movers, Bravo Movers, Fast Movers, Real Movers, Champion Movers. This company is a prime example of criminal injustice to hard working people. CRIMINALS-JAIL!!! Doraville, Georgia

My move with this company was Feb. 27,2012.  As soon as the movers came in they wanted another $200.  This was before they even walked through my small (700 sq. Ft.) apt.  I was already paying them $1,950.00.  And we packed everything!!

When we complained we were told they would not move our furniture.  Said we could pay this extra money when we got furniture.  We told them this was dishonest, since our contract did not include this price.  They immediately got ugly.  We told them we would report them.  That's when the hell broke out for us.  They downloaded all my things to a 24 Ft. Ryder truck with two other loads. When they got here it took them 45 minutes to push and pull our furniture out the small side door. Ninety percent of my furniture was heavily damage.  I think most damage was done before they got here. It was when they downloaded everything.  My washer and dryer (only two yrs old) was dented bad.  The washer had a busted tub.  Huge dent on dryer, and numerous scratches.

I only had 40 boxes, and they were heavy boxes that I bought for the move.  About 80% of them were damaged.  Tops were sunk in, sides were cut open, some had bad water damage.  Lost family pictures
and other sentimental items.  I cried for hours.  Some furniture was missing.

We were told to file a claim for our loss.  I spent hours printing pictures of damaged furniture and other items.  And writing letters and making copies of all my moving papers.  I was so scared if one thing was omitted I would not get my claim processed.  After a short period of time my claim was processed.  My damages for the claim were $1800.00.  I could receive $96.00 for all my damages if I signed a release form.  The form said I could not proceed with any claims, suits, or any legal actions.

So I have been totally scammed by this company.  I do not understand how they are still in business.  They were taken to trail some years back, but they just keep changing their names, and nothing has been done.  We are trying our best to do whatever we can to make them go out of business, but nothing so far.  This is so heartbreaking for a lot of people.  And I see it is still going on with a new name of business  So sad.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2012 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allstate-Van-Lines/Doraville-Georgia-704554/Allstate-Van-Lines-Real-van-Lines-ABC-Quality-Movers-Bravo-Movers-Fast-Movers-Real-Mov-943024. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allstate Van Lines