Complaint Review: Alltel AFNI

• Submitted: Tue, August 28, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, August 28, 2007

• Reported By:santa rosa beach Florida
Alltel AFNI
404 Brock Dr Bloomington, Illinois U.S.A.

Alltel AFNI Alltel, 360 Communications has rolled over a debt they admit I don't owe to AFNI Bloomington Illinois

I opened a 360 Communications account in 1997. In 1998 they were absorbed by Alltel and we began to have account problems. We closed all of our accounts and immediately began getting subsequently ever-escalating bills. Exasperated, we went to the original 360 office, now closed, then on to various Alltel offices where we were promised that the billing would be taken care of. Subsequently we never did receive further bills. Unfortunately, we didn't file for any credit reports until our son was going to college whereupon we found an overdue bill to Alltel for 5500.00. going on 6 years delinquent.

Numerous calls to Alltel over a 2-year span finally was met with a verbal agreement that indeed we had probably never had 11 concurrent phone lines and therefore the billing was probably erroneous. It was indeed removed from our credit files.

Three months ago we again pulled a credit file and found that Alltel had simply removed it from their files and placed us with AFNI for collection. I have reported to the local police as fraud, however, now that the original documentation/contract (which was in our locality) has been moved (where, only God knows) out of the area, they can't facilitate any real measures. I have reported this to all three of the credit bureaus and called AFNI to no avail.

This erroneous billing is now completely gotten out of hand and I have watched my credit score plummet 100 POINTS in the last 180 days since this has been placed for collection.

Any takers?

Gordiehinds
santa rosa beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2007 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alltel-AFNI/Bloomington-Illinois-617023097/Alltel-AFNI-Alltel-360-Communications-has-rolled-over-a-debt-they-admit-I-dont-owe-to-AF-270774. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alltel AFNI