Complaint Review: Alltel Cellular

• Submitted: Mon, April 21, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, April 21, 2003

• Reported By:Morristown Arizona
Alltel Cellular
Arizona Phoenix, California U.S.A.

Alltel Cellular Deceptive business practices, poor customer service Nationwide Phoenix California

Alltel service has been abysmally poor. Getting help by telephone is almost non-existent. My experience with Alltel began when a "sales" rep dropped off a phone to my office. She did not give me a contract and then went on her way, never to be seen again.

ADVICE: Dont enter into an agreement with ALLTEl! Use a month to month localized provider such as "Cricket."

Later, following very poor service and being hit with roaming charges even though I had blocked roaming, I decided to cancel the service. I was told that I would have to pay a $200 cancellation of service fee.

I cancelled the service and have not paid the fee because I was not told of such a charge when I received service, did not receive and did not sign a contract and so forth.

My account has been sent to a collection agency and I have been contacted by them on several occasions. They also have failed to produce a contract. Finally, I have written them a letter stating why I will not pay.

ADVICE: If you have been charged a disconnect fee file a letter with collection agency involved and FCC.

Since then, I have learned about filing complaints with the FTC and FCC with respect to ALLTEL.

1-888-CALL-FCC and TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC, fax us at 202-418-0232, email us at fccinfo@fcc.gov, fill out an online complaint form at: www.fcc.gov/cib/ccformpage.html, or simply send a letter in your own words describing the problem to:

Federal Communications Commission
Consumer Information Bureau
Consumer Complaints
445 12th Street, SW
Washington, D.C. 20554

Zip e
Morristown, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2003 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alltel-Cellular/Phoenix-California/Alltel-Cellular-Deceptive-business-practices-poor-customer-service-Nationwide-Phoenix-Cal-53765. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alltel Cellular