Complaint Review: Alltel Communications

• Submitted: Thu, August 14, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, August 14, 2008

• Reported By:Palmetto Florida
Alltel Communications
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.A.

Alltel Communications A Bunch of Thieves!! Little Rock Arkansas

*Consumer Comment: RE:

I have been having trouble with Alltell since June, 2007. I continually have problems with my billing, as my monthly amount is never the same for more than one month in a row. They tell me they are changing their billing practices, and have collected TWICE from me an extra month payment because of a reason I don't even understand.

Most recently, July of 2008 I received a phone bill for almost $2,000.00!!! and in August, a bill for over $1,700.00. I have been to my local Alltel store in my town EVERY single month since January, 2008 complaining about my bills. I get absolutely NO where with them. My husband has been calling their corporate offices, and that has gotten us no where also.

I have 5 phones on my monthly bill. It should be around $250.00 per month, I don't actually know any more since it is wrong every month. I need out of my contracts, or I am going to get an attorney to help me. I am totally desperate about this. I have been sick to my stomach, and have trouble sleeping worrying about this situation.

They keep turning our phones off, and I'm an Interior Designer and I need my phone for my job. I would be forever grateful for anyone who can help us with this problem.

Jennifer
Palmetto, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2008 02:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alltel-Communications/Little-Rock-Arkansas/Alltel-Communications-A-Bunch-of-Thieves-Little-Rock-Arkansas-362925. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alltel Communications

RE:

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

It could be that you have a family plan with a fixed # of minutes and one-or more family members are going over the allotted free time....then 40 cents per minute charges kick in.

If this is not the case, you need to get a paper bill and dispute all the extra charges to your account with Alltel. If you don't get anywhere, file charges with the Attorney General of Arkansas (this is where Alltel is located).

The bad news: All cell carriers are really terrible about not letting you out of your contract early for any reason. They're quite merciless here. If you have five phones under contract you'll probably have to pay five times whatever the contract termination fee is.

If you are in a bind and you need a cell phone, get a pre-paid Net10 tor T-Mobile